Jose Mourinho

soul24rage

Did a good job at Roma overall. Won them the first European trophy in their history. Took them to a Europa final and got robbed. Attracted some big names on loans and short term deals. Worked with very lil money. Gave around 15 youngsters their debut. Developed some of the youngsters and Italian players a lot. Their fans adore him.

Getting sacked as a manager isn't a big deal at all. You get a shitload of money and move on to your next job.

Question is where will his next job be. I think Newcastle or Chelsea could hire him. Don't think he wants to go into national team coaching yet.
will you still be rooting for Roma for Dybala?

soul24rage

If Mourinho was sacked a little bit earlier, he might have coached the Brazil NT.

I hope he does a bit of punditry as I always liked his insights.

Maybe he might go to Chelsea for the 3rd time with Poch not doing too well there.

Temptation

If Mourinho was sacked a little bit earlier, he might have coached the Brazil NT.

I hope he does a bit of punditry as I always liked his insights.
He said in an interview he's not ready for national team jobs.

He's a workaholic and wants a club. Think it might be Chelsea/Newcastle next unless he accepts the Saudi money.

Morten

He is past it, but as Temp pointed out, two finals is rather good.

Would say the league results were largely below par though, and clearly in a bit of a free fall right now.

Wambo

Outdated. Goes to show how hard it is to stay at the top for a longer time. A clear tier below Pep.

Also continues a long streak of getting sacked after 2-3 years. IIRC the only times he wasn't sacked was when he left Porto and Inter.
Sacked by Real in 2013 (3 trophies)
Sacked by Chelsea in 2015 (2 trophies)
Sacked by United in 2018 (3 trophies)
Sacked by Tottenham in 2021 (0 trophies)
Sacked by Roma in 2024 (1 trophy )

0 UCLs in 14 years
Only domestic title since 2010 was 14-15 with Chelsea, one 2nd tier UEFA cup in 16-17 and one 3rd tier UEFA cup in 21-22.

He's finished.

Also,

What a clown

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans