Jose Luis Gaya

Andresito

Staff member
He'll be 28? Shouldn't we get someone younger?

27 as has been claimed.

We need players between ages 25-30. There's a gap in the squad as we have basically 0 players in their primes. Those who are supposed to be there are meh or crap, like ter Stegen, Umtiti, Lenglet, Coutinho etc.

serghei

Alba>>Gaya. Even now. I will never understand the hype about him. I pray that Balde amounts to something.

Balde is probably worse than we believe. Too bad we lost Cucu, he's turning into one of the best fullbacks in the Premier League.

Andresito

Staff member
Balde is probably worse than we believe. Too bad we lost Cucu, he's turning into one of the best fullbacks in the Premier League.

Truth is we've been spoiled recently by the emergence of kids. Gavi, Ansu and Pedri are too good for their ages and we automatically expect every 17-18 year old to be the same.

Balde is just a 'regular' teenager with potential. Jordi Alba in comparison made his Valencia debut when he was 20 years old and still turned out fine.
He looks a very rough player to me, as a teenager should tbh. But it's nothing that says he can't turn out good, just needs more time, maybe at another club where he can play regularly.

serghei

Truth is we've been spoiled recently by the emergence of kids. Gavi, Ansu and Pedri are too good for their ages and we automatically expect every 17-18 year old to be the same.

Balde is just a 'regular' teenager with potential. Jordi Alba in comparison made his Valencia debut when he was 20 years old and still turned out fine.
He looks a very rough player to me, as a teenager should tbh. But it's nothing that says he can't turn out good, just needs more time, maybe at another club where he can play regularly.

Yea, but with regular youngsters you take your time. Only with guys like Gavi, you can burn stages a bit, and even with them there is some risk with injuries appearing since no matter how great they are, they are still underdeveloped physically.

Rumcajs

Banned
Is this guy any good? At this point i think Xavi is mainly concentrated on players that would fit well in his system, which is good. In comparison, Koeman or Valverde didn't have system or specific strategy/tactics at all. Xavi seems to be very self aware and wanting to gather players that would play well in HIS system. Gaya is probably in the same vain as Torres. Not world class, bet certainly better than than sulking chipmunk Alba. Probably good choice. Even aging Aspi looks better in Spains NT than him, especially defensively.

khaled_a_d

Alba>>Gaya. Even now. I will never understand the hype about him. I pray that Balde amounts to something.

Don't agree with the "even" now part.
Alba has showed massive decline this season and has missed 7 games and substituted out 3 times due to injury.
Next year will be even worse.

Balde is probably 2 years away, and we might lack patience just like we did with Cucurulla and Miranda. But this time we don't have the privilege of starting quality LB.

Gaya isn't special player, but he is a solid one who plays with his heart and do the basics + being a market opportunity in a position of desperate need.
Grimaldo and Gosens are solid alternatives btw, although Gaya is clearly better than Grimaldo, and Gosens fit in backline of 4 is questionable

Trafalgar

He is not good enough but I wouldn't mind getting him if the price is 7~10m, it's not like there's a better alternative out there.

Home of Barca Fans