Jose Enrique

Lemmi

The Reckoner
I'm glad another Liverpool fan has come around to the realization that defensively, there is no better left back in the Premier League than Jose Enrique.

and Vivaunited, I watched every 90 minutes of every Newcastle United match for the past 2 years. That is many hours watching Jose Enrique, I'm sure you cannot say the same and that is why you are judging from a position of ignorance(no offence intended btw).

Now that he is at a bigger more popular club like Liverpool, you will finally see the football media giving him the credit and accolades he deserves and by the end of the season he will be called the best left back in the league, no doubt about it. Shamefully that is what it takes for fans of other clubs to wake up to how good a player who plays for a smaller club, they need to hear if from those numpties like Andy Gray and Richard Keys or Jeff Stelling first.

Last season Soccer Saturday pundits said he is in the top3 left backs in the Premier League. Now that he is at Liverpool he will be number 1 because they will watch more of his games than they did when he was a Newcastle player.

If you speak ill of Jeff Stelling again I can't hold myself responsible for my actions.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Sergio your life is not complete until you have played Jeff Stellings Soccer Saturday Drinking Game.. by far the most drunk you can ever get between the hours of 3 and 5pm.

First time we played I spent £50 in my local kebab shop, had a hole kicked in our (solid) flat wall, had my door broken off and saw 3 people vomit.. all before dinner time. Obscene.

Sergio

Sergison
Oh no, am not playing any TV drinking games again, we did that for the royal wedding, I had to have a Jager Bomb everytime the word "beloved" was used. And that was all before noon!

I like him on Countdown though, kinda lame but we played along and who won didn't have to do chores. I liked it as the only Italiano speaker in our flat, gave me a very unfair advantage - " 2 Z's and 3 R's!!! No washing up for me!"

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Soccer Saturday Drinking shall befall you on one idle saturday when you realise you have nothing to do.

And you will absolutely love it. Royal Wedding was pretty late in New Zealand so we were already pretty cuntfucked :)

Hatem Ben Arfa

I just remembered im arguing with a guy who believes that Cheik Tiote passes to the same standard as Xavi. End of discussion from me

QUOTE ME WHERE I SAID THAT. I CHALLENGE YOU TO DO SO!

I said he does for Newcastle what Xavi does for Barca. I didn't say his passing ability is the same as Xavi's. His function in the Newcastle team is the same function that Xavi's is for Barcelona. I said the way he turns and pivots on the ball and keeps possession of the football reminds me of Xavi.

But feel free to make up horse s*** that I never said if you feel it will help you to try win an argument. Pathetic.

And on Tiote, he''s been absolutely pants these first 2 games of the season which is very unlike him.

But again, Jose Enrique will get the recoginition he truly deserves this season now that he is playing for a more popular club than Newcastle that is watched much more on the TV, by fans and those annoying pundtis.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
You can joke all you want. You don't watch the 90 mins of all Newcastle United's games.

You seem typical of many people, you will only take real notice of how good a player he is when he joins one of the top 4 clubs, and think because he plays for a newly promoted club like Newcastle 'how good can he be, stop taking the meds etc'.

Tiote is one of the best defensive mdifielder in the Premier Leauge by miles. Better than De Jong and all other pretenders. Not only does Tiote intercept amlost everything, he plays exactly like XAVI after he has won the ball. He hardly ever ever loses it(yes there is the odd game where that happens to everyone) but he never seems to lose the ball, dictates the play, his passing, control and technique is that of a Barca player, he's not affraid to keep the ball and take his time and pick out the correct pass, opting not to pass when it is too risky, and he turns and pivots and leaves players chasing him just like Xavi does!

Obviously in a team like Newcastle United Tiote will not make anywhere near the number of passes Xavi makes in a game. But just for an example in his Debut game for Newcastle, he attempted 43 passes and had a 100% Pass Completion rate.

I suppose you will only realize how good he is when you see him playing for one of the big 4 clubs more regularly on the TV.

Ok, you never said same standard, but "he plays exactly like XAVI" is just as laughable, as is "His passing, control and technique is that of a barca player".:facepalm:

So, for that, I'm out.

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Sergio your life is not complete until you have played Jeff Stellings Soccer Saturday Drinking Game.. by far the most drunk you can ever get between the hours of 3 and 5pm.

First time we played I spent £50 in my local kebab shop, had a hole kicked in our (solid) flat wall, had my door broken off and saw 3 people vomit.. all before dinner time. Obscene.

Whats the drinking game & how does it work?

Hatem Ben Arfa

Ok, you never said same standard, but "he plays exactly like XAVI" is just as laughable, as is "His passing, control and technique is that of a barca player".:facepalm:

So, for that, I'm out.

Yes meaning his style of play is exactly like Xavi! His role and function in the team for Newcastle United is exactly like Xavi! And his passing control and technique is that of a Barca player.

HOWEVER,

this season Tiote has been sh!t I must say, which has been a huge surprise to Newcastle fans given the imense season he had last year. It's almost like he's done a Wayne Rooney, going from world beating quality to absolutely pi$s poor.

If you want be out, thats fine be out. But next time don't say I said something I didnt' to try win an argument OK ;)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He is so IMMENSE our best summer signing that is unquestionable. He has surpassed my expectations already.

Enrique is also unquestionably now the best left back in the league, with only Baines as his main competitor for that title. True Evra and Cole were world class but their performances this season have been very poor indeed and Enrique has surpassed both already. Certainly there aren't many left backs in the world now I'd swap for him.

He has to make the next spanish squad because I can't think of many better spaniards in that position if at all.

Home of Barca Fans