Jordi Alba

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Already said it, Alba can walk into any team XI bar Bayern (Alaba) and Real Madrid (Marcelo), he's a top 5 LB in the world and in his prime, imo, losing him on the flank is one of the biggest disadvantages of switching to 3-4-3.

The sad thing is that it's either losing Alba or having absolutely no midfield...

xXKonan

in this 3-4-3 Diamond formation the two players that clearly suffer the most from the change are Alba and Digne. Mathieu's chances at playing got a lot more higher because he could easily slide into the LCB spot thanks to his height and pace and partner with Umtiti and Pique/Masche.

Digne is in a rougher spot despite being taller than Alba (5'7 vs 5'10) and he's probably better fit to play a LCB compared to Alba. But Lucho is trying to keep Alba "Happy" by playing him in a back three when the chance comes and it's leaving Digne out to dry despite him probably being a better fit as a LCB over Alba in a 3-4-3.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If Iniesta continues to noticeably struggle and proves a liability against top teams, I think Alba at LM in the 3-4-3 is our short term solution. Our left flank can be overwhelming with the amount of space that Alba can cover up and down the pitch between Umtiti and Neymar. It also gives Neymar freedom from some defensive duties and increased space to play inside and combine with Messi. If the purpose of the outside midfielders is to keep width and support MSN in the middle then Alba could be key in doing so.

I think that a lineup such as:

Alba-Busquets-Rakitic-Roberto/Rafinha is worth trying, perhaps against a high pressure opponent such as Sevilla. IMO it is absolutely imperative to have a lineup on hand without Iniesta. He needs to be rested more and I think he should be a 60-70th minute sub against Juventus and potential further CL opponents due to his lack of freshness and Alba's potentially game-changing energy/pace and width. We can't afford to sub Iniesta for Gomes or Arda if we need to keep momentum and intensity late in a game. That's what Alba is for right now.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]844126607023464448[/tw]

Happy birthday! Wonder if he has learned to drive yet :whistle:

F

FlaFCB

[tw]844261447647543296[/tw]

[tw]844262533703913474[/tw]

Alba:
"I'm not having the minutes I'd like with Barça, and to come here and have Julen's trust gives me a lot of strenght."
"In the NT I play as I play in Barça, but is true that's with a plus, because I notice the trust of the coach is 100%".

Shots fired at Lucho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's only been benched in three to four games for the betterment of the team, and he's already making these comments....

I knew he was bad and stupid with his decisions in the final third, but thought he was smarter than so to make such comments at such a crucial time in the season.

Last edited:

Cool

Great, I hope that doesn't stir up any unwanted attention in the lockerroom and I hope Lucho doesn't punish Alba for the rest of the season for his comments. We already have trouble looking for a WC RB, don't want Alba to leave and us to look and overspend on an WC LB.

xXKonan

What if we would play him on the RW position when playing 3-4-3, it couldn't be worse than Rafinha
I doubt he would be effective other than being faster than Rafinha on the wings.

His decision making in the final third and his crossing have been abysmal.

KingLeo10

lucho deserves his share of the blame for bizzare lineups in away games but our players are top drawer in terms of diva behavior.

Richard.H

Lucho should be very careful here. A few years ago, the LB position was a highly sought after position for our club. We were willing to spend 40 mill+ on an LB before. Now, we have two WC LB's in Alba and Digne. Let's not fuck this up Lucho, and please don't punish him for his comments.

Neymessi

[tw]844261447647543296[/tw]

[tw]844262533703913474[/tw]

Alba:
"I'm not having the minutes I'd like with Barça, and to come here and have Julen's trust gives me a lot of strenght."
"In the NT I play as I play in Barça, but is true that's with a plus, because I notice the trust of the coach is 100%".

Shots fired at Lucho.

Absolte moronoic comments from him. Even if what he said was true he shouldn't be making public comments like these. And its not even true,he is benched not because lucho doesn't have faith in him but because 3-4-3 suits us better and he is doing this for the betterment of the team. Its not like alba is being benched for bad form.

No excuse is good enough to justify spouting all this crap in the media.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
These comments are unfortunate. Alba was one of the players who said he was 100% behind Luis Enrique during our horrendous run. Now he seems to be left out and probably deserves more playing time than he's getting at the moment. Even if the 3-4-3 is less accessible for him, he could easily fit at LM and should be getting time there. Playing the likes of Gomes/Rafinha isn't our only option. A team of Barca's caliber shouldn't have players like that in the starting 11. There has to be a way we can slot Alba in.

Home of Barca Fans