John Stones

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Not worth £37m on the basis of his current ability, but he's 21, if he stays here for 10 years and becomes a huge success then that £37m will look like peanuts. I mean, ask a United fan if they thought what they paid for Rio was too much? Although admittedly Rio was more proven at that stage, obviously, being 24 not 21 and all, but yeah, considering the prices in the transfer market at the time, Rio's price was insane.

Last edited:

Jenks

I don't know why people are still hung up on the money. It really is irrelevant at this point. Stones and Zouma could set Chelsea up for the next 10 years. £37m would look like a bargain by then with the way prices are going. And even if he somehow ended up not being good enough, he's English, so you know you're gonna make plenty of your money back if you sell him.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Handed in a transfer request, I heard rumours about it in the last week but it became official today. Hopefully we don't need to go too close to £40m to sign him, mid 30s would be nice.

Trickykid

Your wonderboy Stones is in the process of being torn a new one by 3rd div Barnsley. He's largely to blame for the first two goals (I didn't see the third, so I wouldn't know about that one), and by all means looks like a seriously average CB.

But hey, he's English...
Best CB prospect in the whole wide footballing world, yo!

xXKonan

Roberto Martinez: "We have not rejected the transfer request - yet. We will do it in the morning. Sometimes money can't buy everything.'

Looks like Everton is sticking to it's guns and not selling Stones.

Jenks

Your wonderboy Stones is in the process of being torn a new one by 3rd div Barnsley. He's largely to blame for the first two goals (I didn't see the third, so I wouldn't know about that one), and by all means looks like a seriously average CB.

But hey, he's English...
Best CB prospect in the whole wide footballing world, yo!

I would love to hear how he can be held responsible for the second goal. I think you're getting your players mixed up.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It sounds like like the need to diss him because of his mooted price and being English. The moment somebody's price skyrockets you get people trying to justify why he's shit. Every single time.

Trickykid

It sounds like like the need to diss him because of his mooted price and being English. The moment somebody's price skyrockets you get people trying to justify why he's shit. Every single time.

Had he been any other nationality or even the target of any other club than Chelskij, I'm sure you wouldn't get all hot and bothered by a comment like that.
;)

Icarium

Lifestealer
He is not that good, rather have Laporte tbh. Plus he is left sided Center Back the position where we could need a replacement. He will move to Chelsea, that is inevitable anyway. If chelsea can sign Stones, Pogba and pedro in one window... Thankfully juve and everton telling chelsea to fuck off.

Home of Barca Fans