João Laporta

serghei

Lol 389 owned to players?! A disgrace how much the veterans fleeced this club under that idiot Bartomeu. This didn't happen in the times of Puyol, Xavi, even Iniesta.

Xavi had the decency to go and earn Qatar money directly in Qatar, not from Barca. Puyol and him are the greatest legends overall since I've followed the club without a doubt.

Last edited:

malvolio

Of course all the players and staff should get hit hard. When company I worked at got hit by f8nancial crissis everbody took paycut and bigger the pay the bigger the cut.

Who doesn't like it he walked thrue the door.
Simple as that.

All the players are obliged to take the cut or hit the road.
Golden days are over. They are dumbasses if they didn't realized that in last year.

that is a particular case as your contract was different than what footballers have. not to mention the differences between US and EU when it comes to work legislation.

who doesn't like it can be shown the door, but they get their full salary over the length of contract. otherwise club tells them to fuck off but they meet in court and club loses badly, maybe even more than what they owed initially.

no one is obliged to anything, mate. and i repeat - it is not their job to realize how bad is the financial situation of the club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lol 389 owned to players ?! A disgrace how much the veterans fleeced this club under that idiot Bartomeu. This didn't happen in the times of Puyol, Xavi, even Iniesta.

This figure includes what we still owe other clubs (the majority of the 389m) and what we owe our own players in the forms of wage deferral.

serghei

This figure includes what we still owe other clubs (the majority of the 389m) and what we owe our own players in the forms of wage deferral.

Good then. The figure is enormous. Still have no idea how we are paying the highest wages by 30% more compared to teams like current Bayern, City, and Chelsea :lol:

It's like a 6 year older negociated the wages for Barca.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

it is not the players job to run the club. why should alba think about how the president runs the club? doesn't happen anywhere in the world for that matter.

this is a business, not a charitable organization. you have a contract that you negotiate with the club. club offers you for example 5M a season and that's ok with you. then what do you do, hire some accountants and do a club audit to make sure it is feasible for the club?

He doesn't own the club a thing for sure.
But at the end, those players have a legacy here, that goes beyond "I earn money to play football" based on the contribution to the growth of the club. It goes to future jobs with the club and commercial success outside it too. In addition to appreciation within the city and the community.
And it is within the club and fans right to tarnish this legacy if the players decided to not care about the situation of the club if they decided to just take their money and not care about the club.
This is why I would understand Alba situation, he isn't Roberto Carlos or Maldini and unlikely to have much legacy too, doesn't seem like a guy who is going to be future coach/SD/commentators etc. There is no future beyond his contract tbh.

What is particular alarming to me is that other than Pique, nobody so far has seemed to accept any real salary reduction, just deferrals. Deferrals are fine only if we expect our future revenues to recover enough to the point of being able to shoulder these excessive salaries that will be paid later. We don't know that.

Laporta and the club need to work harder to push for real salary reductions. The other three captains need to agree to this.

Not all of this deferrals are extra money later, I think some players will get their contract on longer years. Roberto seems like the most probably case, he will get paid this year salary over 2 years or so.
Don't think this is bad by any means unless it is done for over 30 years old players like Busquets or Alba

malvolio

He doesn't own the club a thing for sure.
But at the end, those players have a legacy here, that goes beyond "I earn money to play football" based on the contribution to the growth of the club. It goes to future jobs with the club and commercial success outside it too. In addition to appreciation within the city and the community.
And it is within the club and fans right to tarnish this legacy if the players decided to not care about the situation of the club if they decided to just take their money and not care about the club.
This is why I would understand Alba situation, he isn't Roberto Carlos or Maldini and unlikely to have much legacy too, doesn't seem like a guy who is going to be future coach/SD/commentators etc. There is no future beyond his contract tbh.

of course, each individual can evaluate the situation from his own perspective. pique being the one who wins the most of the situation as he is destined to be president. busquets and roberto might coach barca b or juvenil sides. maybe alba doesn't care for all this and has other plans.

fans are fickle in general. they don't have enough information but usually know what's better for another person's life/career choices.

Messigician

Why are people believing his lies? You are so gullible.

Cury's role wasn't a mere 'scout' Laporta knows this...

What stadium can be built for 4m? Who is buying this rubbish....

"Laporta: "La Liga gave us false hope that they would allow us a salary margin to renew Messi, but they did not tell us in exchange for what. And when we met them, we couldn't accept it."

You guys really think a lawyer is this naive and stupid not to ask for details?

Laporta: "In their budget, they talked about salary cuts, the sale of Bar?a Corporate, the sale of players. They did nothing."

What? Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal, Semedo all gone... what players have you managed to sell Mr Lapprta?
You know these responsibilities fell to the new board.

Laporta: "They [the previous board] hired 200 different suppliers to divide invoices & hence avoid internal controls."

Funny you should say that Mr Laporta because if I recall correctly Indeed, renowned accounting firm Deloitte, who were instructed to carry out a detailed audit by Rosell upon takeover, uncovered a very different scenario to the picture Laporta was painting at the time. Per BBC Sport:

A new audit into Barcelona's finances have revealed the club's debt is 442m euros (?369.5m) after a loss of more than 77m euros (?64.36m) last season.

The previous board, led by Joan Laporta, had announced the club was 11m euros in the black at the end of June.

But a new audit carried out by Deloitte for new president Sandro Rosell's team reveals a far less healthy scenario.

[...] The audit shows that Barca's costs in the 2009-10 season rose to ?400m, with their income at ?341.7m.

Barca also had to recently take out a loan of around ?125m after falling behind with the payment of player wages at the end of June, while central defender Dymtro Chygrynskiy was hastily sold to Shakhtar Donetsk to raise much-needed funds for the club

Category

Laporta

Rosell

Benefits

Expenses

Balance

Debt

As you can see there is a difference of 88 million Euros. Here is why:

Joan Gamper Sant Joan Desp? land sale ? 21.5 million. Only 1 million has been received so far. This money was not included as income by the auditor.

Mediapro TV contract ? 16 million were included from a deal with Mediapro where the club will get 4 million until 2013 for TV rights. Only 4 million were included by the auditor.

Mediapro legal dispute ? There is also a legal dispute with Mediapro where Barca would get 13 million back from them (in case of winning the dispute). The auditor only took 50% into account.

Henry?s last year amortization value ? 8.2 million ? This was not included by the auditor since Henry will not complete his last year in Barca.

Baena?s indemnisation ? there is a legal dispute with Espanyol for this player?s transfer which could give Barca 3.9 millions (if Barca wins the legal dispute) ? Not included by the auditor.

Villa Decans lands ? These lands were estimated to have a value of 17 million euros by a appraiser consultant hired by Laporta but the new management got this estimate from an actual certified appraiser who valued the land in 5.7 millions. Auditor included 50% of the difference between both amounts.

Sogecable?s contract ? there is also a legal dispute against Sogecable for TV rights that could give Barca 25 million euros back. ? This was not included since Barca lost the first sitting of this dispute.

Given Laporta's legal background, it's not too difficult to imagine the spin that he and his board wished to put on what was, effectively, a ruinous situation were it allowed to continue for much longer.

Joan Laporta used his charisma to win the 2003 club elections. Ian Walton/Getty Images
Good looking, personable and evidently much more charismatic than both Rosell and Bartomeu, it's important to remember that during the elections of 2003, Laporta started well behind the favourites with a manifesto that didn't particularly appeal in the initial stages.

A promise to deliver David Beckham to Barcelona was possibly the single most significant statement which began to win the voters round, but it was a promise he failed to deliver. Ronaldinho was a more-than-adequate replacement, but Rosell and others soon saw through the flashy exterior.

Ronaldinho was the first major signing of the Laporta era. But he wanted David Beckham. Shaun Botterill/Getty Images
The fallout between the two former friends was a huge PR gaffe for the club, and the poison and vitriol on both sides threatened to derail any on-pitch success.

The spat between former friends Rosell and Laporta was unsavoury. David Ramos/Associated Press
There are also misapprehensions that Pep Guardiola was always squarely behind his boss Laporta, but an extract from Marti Perarnau's book?Pep Confidential: The Inside Story of Pep Guardiola's First Season at Bayern Munich?suggests this was often completely wide of the mark. Via *********, Perarnau notes:

He had found in Joan Laporta a dynamic but pushy man who possessed volcanic energy and who could be supportive one minute and undermining the next.

[...] Guardiola balanced the at-times hysterical behaviour of Laporta with his own calm sobriety.

[...] Relations with neither president were simple. Pep managed to deal calmly and quietly with Laporta?s histrionic outbursts [...] At times Pep felt like the captain of a ponderous ocean liner as he fought to steer the team in one direction whilst the club pulled in the other. No decision was straightforward...

Nazario1985

PR movement from Laporta like Barto did two days ago

This is not a clear breakdown and can mislead many, and his only purpose as it seems is to spread the message : we are the saviors, so no matter what we are going to do you should thank us.

The situation with Alba proves they can lie non-stop.

Also Laporta ending the dispute with Neymar and basically giving away free money we don't even have is a joke.

God I'd love for a competent auditing bureau to take a look at those books !

For Pique's movement which is also a PR one, I'm pretty confident that he got something from them, something political .

Messigician

PR movement from Laporta like Barto did two days ago

This is not a clear breakdown and can mislead many, and his only purpose as it seems is to spread the message : we are the saviors, so no matter what we are going to do you should thank us.

The situation with Alba proves they can lie non-stop.

Also Laporta ending the dispute with Neymar and basically giving away free money we don't even have is a joke.

God I'd love for a competent auditing bureau to take a look at those books !

For Pique's movement which is also a PR one, I'm pretty confident that he got something from them, something political .

This so much this. Alba situation was a bad joke he must think we are fools

khaled_a_d

fans are fickle in general. they don't have enough information but usually know what's better for another person's life/career choices.

Fans are the ones who makes player's legacy, and the ones who pays all the money one way or another.
I can't blame Alba, but I can't blame fans for their reaction, it is very understandable

JamDav1982

Laporta is reporting the debt in exactly the way he argued against the previous board doing when they took over from him.

All just politicians out to show they saved the day.

Messigician

Laporta is reporting the debt in exactly the way he argued against the previous board doing when they took over from him.

So much this but it's sad to see people tag me acting like Laporta dropped some bombshell. Some very gullible people

malvolio

fc barcelona. rinse and repeat.

hopefully pique won't be so corrupt and bring some new ideas to the table. who knows, maybe open-up the socios membership to the world and add the ability to vote online for the elections.

Home of Barca Fans