João Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It was never going to happen, but Jordi Cruyff more or less shut down any talk about Messi returning to Barca so maybe Laporta's goons will stop trying to use Messi's name to make the fatass look better in the press.

Barcilliant

It was inevitable that oil money and EPL clubs would take over. Many here including myself predicted it.
Laporta is not dumb. He knows the club is in shit shape. He also knows we can't compete for cl for at least three years and probably longer. At this point he's just doing damage limitation and kicking the can down the road. He will hope for a few Copas or Ligas and leave the mess for his successor to deal with.

terryzinc

of all the idiot things Laporta did and he continues to do many still getting rid of Messi was the worst and YES we had the money to keep him and when you see him cry you know it was not about money EVER for him

terryzinc

It was inevitable that oil money and EPL clubs would take over. Many here including myself predicted it.
Laporta is not dumb. He knows the club is in shit shape. He also knows we can't compete for cl for at least three years and probably longer. At this point he's just doing damage limitation and kicking the can down the road. He will hope for a few Copas or Ligas and leave the mess for his successor to deal with.

this is exactly what Barto did ...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, the Super League project is more or less dead. Basically on life-support.

FkAgjC6XkAAIjSn

terryzinc

The constant rumors are insane where are they going to play all these new players PLUS all the old players... they are going to lose Fati they almost lost Gavi... stupid to just keep adding players who can't play you can only play 11 at a time with maybe 5 maybe 10 subs

Richard.H

Agreed and same thing I said a couple of years ago. I would also like to add that, despite receiving many hate replies, this club's Soci system simply does not work in the modern era. That system will soon be gone and we will be bought out by some rich billionaire.

MTL_Barca

Or downfall is completely selfmade though. We had the money, we just wasted it all.

If we didn't spend almost half a billion on bums we could have the strongest team in the world right now. We could've been in the race for Haaland, Mbappe etc.

That or be at least somewhat financially healthy.

But since we bought the holy trinity of bums, made other questionable purchases and handed out fat contracts like candy we're in this shit state. Competing with PL and oil clubs would've been hard either way of course but we really did everything in our power to make it even worse lol.

fergus90

Barca needs to move away from signing other clubs cast offs. Pavard is not even a RB, he’s a CB who got pushed out wide because he’s not good enough in the centre.

Home of Barca Fans