João Laporta

Barcilliant

I expected this. Alot of bluster and bravado from Laporta but little else.
It's like amigos run the club and he is their little man Friday scurrying around trying to satisfy their whims.
Either he man's the fuck up and actually fixes shit or he resigns and leaves it to someone who can fix it.

Barcilliant

He will obviously use Koeman as a scapegoat bu that doesn't solve the reality that so many players are garbage and need to be shipped out asap.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Season isn't over yet. Audit of the club isn't completed either with them finding out new and more shady things every day from the former regime, and then you have people expecting the world already :lol:

khaled_a_d

I expected this. Alot of bluster and bravado from Laporta but little else.
It's like amigos run the club and he is their little man Friday scurrying around trying to satisfy their whims.
Either he man's the fuck up and actually fixes shit or he resigns and leaves it to someone who can fix it.

Have you ever expected anything that is not awful? Like seriously I don't remember a couple of positive posts for you in my 9 years here.
The market will open in 6 weeks, and yet people are putting blame for the president who was elected 2 months ago who has been busy trying to figure the club finances (while attracting some serious names and a high profile CEO, to do this fuckin job)

Richard.H

Have you ever expected anything that is not awful? Like seriously I don't remember a couple of positive posts for you in my 9 years here.

barcilliant and raedkuwait are quite similar in posting style and both don't have avatars, it kinda confuses me at times :lol:

DonAK

When is the audit ready? Why is it taking so long?

By late May.

A lot to go through and they're doing it thoroughly and going over records from several years ago as well. Recently the executive responsible for the Espai Barca was fired over some strange payments made to an external company for consulting on the project which were deemed unnecessary at best, fraud at worst.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

The market will open in 6 weeks, and yet people are putting blame for the president who was elected 2 months ago who has been busy trying to figure the club finances (while attracting some serious names and a high profile CEO, to do this fuckin job)

How about h reads the riot act to the players and immediately issues notice to the deadwood within the team.
Ad no there has been nothing really positive to gloat about so fuck it.

DonAK

How about h reads the riot act to the players and immediately issues notice to the deadwood within the team.
Ad no there has been nothing really positive to gloat about so fuck it.

Yes.

He should tell players still in the title race to fuck off like every good boss in any company.

Doesn't work that way anywhere.

Changes will happen this summer, step-by-step.

Last edited:

Porque

There is no doubt that the president in this new era needs to show backbone. There is nothing to suggest otherwise with Laporta based off of his first campaign. Laporta has/had plenty of it.

Sure there are several rumours emitting from the press which are worrying, but don't forget who is running the press.

If we think another option would be better, then we would be mistaken.

Take Font for example. Wanted Eric Garcia in the winter market which would include the transfer fee (and possible commissions) that the previous board had agreed. We now have Garcia set to sign on a lower wage.

The only thing I really don't like is Ceferin meeting with Pique there (because on what right does a player have to meet the Uefa president along with Laporta. If the meeting is those three then it is to discuss Barcelona strategy and that's a conflict of interests towards the Barcelona squad planning). Because Pique is going to be 35 half way through next season and he is not disciplined in training to demand a starting role anymore compared to the likes of Thiago Silva and Ramos. Even if he can show a decent level in a one-off or short stint of games.

But overall we have to be patient and see what actual moves are made once the window is open.

Barcilliant

I know we are cash strapped and in a shitty situation but Laporta is THE BOSS and he should be exercising his authority. We still have players who fucked up and made the club a laughing stock for multiple seasons running.
Which big club gets thrashed 8-2 and then does absolutely nothing to address the situation.
Pique is a bitch and will never be remembered as a legend. Pique, Alba, Busquets and Roberto will have the shittiest legacies ever.

i_bleed_blaugrana

[tw]1392251764632600577?s=21[/tw]

Worrying.

Jordi aint it fam. Just let Pimienta lay down the foundations for Xavi either next summer or in two if he does well.

Home of Barca Fans