João Laporta

Porque

Yeah, media will go crazy.

I think his first job will be a financial audit to see what situation we're really in before they'll make any serious sporting plans. In the meantime he'll talk with Messi and potentially our other players/their agents whose contracts are expiring next year like Fati, Ilaix and Pedri. I'm not too affraid to lose them but it would be nice to see them all tied up to the club on longterm contracts.

That said, Alemany, Cruyff and co. will surely get in contact with agents of potential targets. It's possible that Laporta has already talked with Raiola about Haaland (like it was rumoured) and maybe some other agents but he couldn't really do anything before he was officially elected. Now his people can go to work but tbh I don't expect much to happen on that front before the end of the season (or at least until we're still alive in the league). Raiola will surely also try to drag Haaland's transfer saga for as long as possible to get the most money out of it unless Haaland is clearly prefering going to one team and that team only (which I dont' believe at this point).

I wouldn't be too surprised if they would confirm Eric Garcia's signing relatively soon though. His contract is probably only waiting for Laporta's signature.

Pre elections is also the perfect time to talk with agents off the record, without infringing on "tapping up" rules. I expect alot of the leg work on who they are interested in and the type of fee's the clubs would be willing to accept have already been done by Cryuff/Alemany.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has hired Ferran Reverter, the current CEO of MediaMarktSaturn as Barcelona's next CEO replacing Oscar Grau.

MediaMarkt had a revenue of ?21,5 billion in 2018/2019.

Press Release by Media-Saturn-Holding GmbH:

D?sseldorf, 7 March 2021 - Ferran Reverter Planet will not extend his contract as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Media-Saturn-Holding GmbH (MSH). The 48-year-old Spaniard, Ferran Reverter Planet, who was born in Barcelona, is leaving the company to become the CEO of Futbol Club Barcelona. Today, the Management Board and the Supervisory Board of CECONOMY AG (CECONOMY), who have delegated Ferran Reverter as the managing director of MSH in October 2018, have agreed to the termination of Ferran Reverter Planet's contract (term until 12 October 2021) by mutual consent as of 30 June 2021.

The Supervisory Board, under the leadership of Chairman Thomas Dannenfeldt, has already started a process for the formation and staffing of a uniform management structure of the CECONOMY Group. This uniform management is supposed to be established after the closing of the Convergenta transaction. The transformation of the business will continue as planned.

"The Supervisory Board would like to thank Ferran Reverter Planet most sincerely for his great achievements and passionate commitment to MediaMarktSaturn in almost two decades. Over the past two and a half years, Ferran Reverter has done an outstanding job as CEO of MediaMarktSaturn under difficult conditions. He leaves behind a more resilient and well-positioned company with many growth opportunities. We wish him all the best for his new tasks in his hometown Barcelona", says Thomas Dannenfeldt, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of CECONOMY.

"Ferran Reverter Planet has made a significant contribution to the transformation of the company. Over the last two years, Ferran Reverter Planet has also set up a strong new leadership team at MediaMarktSaturn with a focus on operational excellence, which will continue to ensure the successful operations. I respect his personal decision since it has been one of his dreams, but at the same time I regret it very much", adds Dr Bernhard D?ttmann, CEO of CECONOMY.

"MediaMarktSaturn is not just any company. It has been my professional home for more than 18 years. It was extremely difficult for me to make this decision. At the same time, I can take this step in the clear conviction that MediaMarktSaturn is facing a bright future. Now I am looking forward to a new chapter in my life. To have the chance to play a major role in shaping the future of perhaps the biggest and most famous club in the world, and to do so in my hometown, where my family lives - this opportunity only comes once in a lifetime" explains Ferran Reverter Planet, CEO of MediaMarktSaturn.
[h=2][/h]

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He has hired Ferran Reverter, the current CEO of MediaMarktSaturn as Barcelona's next CEO replacing Oscar Grau.

MediaMarkt had a revenue of €21,5 billion in 2018/2019.

Ferran Reverter Planet is Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the MediaMarktSaturn Retail Group. Born 1972 in Spain, he has been with MediaMarktSaturn since 2002 and held numerous management positions within the Group ever since. After three years as Head of Procurement at Media-Saturn Spain, between 2005 and 2010 his roles included managing director of a MediaMarkt store in Spain. He was then appointed Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) at MediaMarkt Iberia. In 2011, he assumed responsibility for all business operations in Spain as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of MediaMarkt Iberia, being promoted to CEO Iberia two years later. In 2015, he additionally became COO of the MediaMarktSaturn Retail Group, where he was appointed CEO in October 2018.

What a career. The guy worked his way up to being the CEO for the past for the past ~17 years , only to become Barca's CEO after 2.5 years. Not sure what Laporta promised him :coffee:

But yeah , more of these appointments please and I hope the Jordi Cruyff rumours are a load bullshit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What a career. The guy worked his way up to being the CEO for the past for the past ~17 years , only to become Barca's CEO after 2.5 years. Not sure what Laporta promised him :coffee:

But yeah , more of these appointments please and I hope the Jordi Cruyff rumours are a load bullshit.

Sup bro, how you doing?

Yeah, I mean just compare his professional career to Oscar Grau's and Nacho Mestre, Grau's predecessor's.

Don't know how it will turn out, but this is a guy who has been the CEO of a major corporation in contrast to those two. That itself is a big step forward in my eyes.

This was obviously a well kept secret so Laporta definitely had a plan for at least the administrative side of the club from the beginning.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Reverter started his career initially as a store manager for one of the MediaMarkt stores in Spain and rose up in the ranks. Kudos to him, he is probably giving up a much higher salary there to come back to Barcelona to take up the position with the club.

Since his contract with MediaMarkt doesn't terminate until June 30th, we will be without a CEO for the next three months or so?

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Sup bro, how you doing?

Yeah, I mean just compare his professional career to Oscar Grau's and Nacho Mestre, Grau's predecessor's.

Don't know how it will turn out, but this is a guy who has been the CEO of a major corporation in contrast to those two. That itself is a big step forward in my eyes.

This was obviously a well kept secret so Laporta definitely had a plan for at least the administrative side of the club from the beginning.

Yh , this was obviously in the works for some time , can't have someone leave that kind of job after a cup of tea.

I'm doing alright , how about you ? And it's good to have you back.

Windhook

LinkedIn profile

Not an easy decision to leave a huge corporation for FC Barcelona. I have nothing but admirations for the man.

Reminds me a bit of Koeman's situation, who left this summer a comfortable position as Netherlands head coach for the Barca sinking ship.

Total-Football

Let's not act like we forget that Laporta s master plan to get barca on track was throwing it all on Beckham only for the latter to go the other direction.. I know Laporta has merits but that should tell u that things are multifaceted as fuck

Vilarrubi

[xavicampos] | Joan Laporta’s intention is to reach an agreement with unimportant players and release them from the club in order to reduce the salary.

ebc_99

I don't think they wanted Beckham, they just said it to get voted in like a lot of politicians do, I don't know if that is better or worse.

Home of Barca Fans