Jean-Clair Todibo

Porque

Well he was pretty crap in his select appearances bar the one in a back 3. To be fair he might be better right now in our back 3 than Mingueza. But as Cryuff said (I think) if you have two players of a similar level, you go with the local player.

Should definitely be more mature though. New coach, new board. He should be trying to impress to get a second chance.

JamDav1982

He has an excellent point. Brought in by Bartomeu et al for free and effectively used as a commodity rather than a footballer to integrate - when he played for Barca, he put in terrific performances

Nonsense as usual.

Todibo had a couple decent games but by all accounts had an attitude problem and did not look good in training.

You try to hard to have a go that you end up speaking shite about what really happened.

Club got it right and Araujo is the better bet for now. Hopefully plays well enough for Barca to make some money then he can get on with maturing and starting to understand how a CB plays at Nice.

Porque

In an interview today said that he would like to stay in Ligue1 another season. Who could blame him after his spells at Barcelona, Schalke and Benfica.

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I think he would be better than Mingueza in a back 3 although I would take Mingueza in a back 2. Nice are playing a back 2 so perfect for him to develop there right now.

He's partnering that kid Saliba on loan from Arsenal. You might recognise the name as he was bought for big money a few seasons back but hasn't made his breakthrough (yet).

Last edited:

xXKonan

He's been really good for Nice which is great to see.

I still would like to give him a chance but sadly doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

Porque

I was hoping to see Amine Gouiri today for Nice but he is injured. Maybe we could try and get him involved in a permanent move of Todibo to Nice.

Messi983

I was hoping to see Amine Gouiri today for Nice but he is injured. Maybe we could try and get him involved in a permanent move of Todibo to Nice.

Not a bad idea but Nice have a buy-option on Todibo and they'll just use that if they'll want to keep him. And then they can sell Gouiri to the highest bidder (which we won't be) if they'll sell him at all this summer.

Porque

Not a bad idea but Nice have a buy-option on Todibo and they'll just use that if they'll want to keep him. And then they can sell Gouiri to the highest bidder (which we won't be) if they'll sell him at all this summer.

Good point. I looked up the buy clause details which could be somewhat manoeuvrable, especially if Nice are very high on Todibo.

Watched a bit of the game and Todibo still had those crazy defensive errors. No way he gets back here.

Home of Barca Fans