Jean-Clair Todibo

Raketa10

He will be sidelined for more than 7 months before he comes here. That's absolutely terrible for a 19 year old kid, he will be rusty as hell.

BBZ8800

I have wrote in September that our board will probably try to replicate Mina's and Marlon's story: buying young cheap Cbs and reselling them soon for a profit.

In this moment, I don't know whether Todibo is bought as a prospect for our team, or as a resell player.

Or, probably: as both.
If he will be good=awesome.
If he will be meh=we'll sell him to EPL for 10-20m since he is a European defender, young, fast, tall and strong.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have wrote in September that our board will probably try to replicate Mina's and Marlon's story: buying young cheap Cbs and reselling them soon for a profit.

In this moment, I don't know whether Todibo is bought as a prospect for our team, or as a resell player.

If he will be meh=we'll sell him to EPL for 10-20m since he is a European defender, young, fast, tall and strong.

Agreed. Todibo is a big question mark, that is why I want us to sign another more established good CB, IF we have doubts about Umtiti's future.

George_Costanza

I really don't think this board's main goal is maximizing profit and minimizing loss by buying and selling players. If the case is maximizing profit, the first thing they should do is hire a decent cost accounting manager to manage the huge "unnecessary" costs and expenses such as salaries.

We had more players who we couldn't sell or the cost of maintaining such a player for many years will upset the profit after selling him.

An example is Andre Gomes. He cost Barcelona 35m+20m adds on. Assume half of the adds on did trigger, so he cost us 45m+ (4.9m salary* 2y)= 55m

Now if we sell him to Everton for 30-40m, the whole forum will celebrate and drink champagne. But that's a 15-20m loss, zero added value in term of sporting contribution the two years he was here, and an opportunity loss for other youngsters who could benefit from the time that was given to Andre Gomes.

For every one Yerry Mina, we will have Gomes, Turan, and Douglas.

Jombi

I think thats fantasy (Mina scored three goals in the World Cup as a CB and his price skyrocketed which will not be repeated) and you have attacked people on the forum for suggesting it as well. "We are Barcelona, we buy the greatest superstar players, not prospects who'll need years to develop, we are not Porto or Dortmund" was your attitude then and then you brought up Halilovic, Douglas and all the other irrelevant transfers.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I think thats fantasy (Mina scored three goals in the World Cup as a CB and his price skyrocketed which will not be repeated) and you have attacked people on the forum for suggesting it as well. "We are Barcelona, we buy the greatest superstar players, not prospects who'll need years to develop, we are not Porto or Dortmund" was your attitude then and then you brought up Halilovic, Douglas and all the other irrelevant transfers.

When you buy a 145m Dembele or 41m Malcom, they need to perform right away.
The same as De Light.

When you buy 0m Todibo, who cares?
You can try him, you can bench him, you can loan him (Marlon), you can resell him.

I don't like when we buy expensive youngsters and when we want results right away.

So again, when we bought Dembele, we invested a lot and expected a lot right away and we didn't have other options on his position when we brought him.

Todibo?
Cheap, low expectations, win-win.
We have Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet, Verm, Murillo, Todibo.
And we'll likely buy one more dude.

From 80m De Light with 10m wages, I would demand things right away.

Todibo has earned a few coins from me and I won't shit on him right away like I will do in Frenkie's or De Jong's case.

Jombi

When you buy a 145m Dembele or 41m Malcom, they need to perform right away.

145m Dembele and 80m De Ligt are two of the most expensive players in the world, regardless of age. Youve been constantly attacking us signing young cheap players and Im sure you did it with Yerry Mina as well. De Jong was attacked by you a year ago when his price was a small fraction of what it is now. You never mentioned his price once and constantly brought up his "20 senior appearances". The reason you do this is obvious and has nothing to do with prices. If the forum rates a player, you will attack the player. If you perceive the forum to not rate a player, that player has "earned a few coins".

So I guess we should just ignore your rants about former young Barca flops then. You constantly talked about how it was Porto and Dortmund style to buy cheap young players and how we are Barca, and shouldnt do that. You switch opinions on a constant basis which makes zero sense.

Last edited:

soul24rage

I think what the board wants to see for the rest of the season are the following:

-Umtiti's recovery progress
-Watch first hand how well Todibo will adjust to the club and the squad (if he is loaned to us or to another club for the rest of the season)
-Murillo's performance for the first team.

I believe that if the board is satisfied with Murillo's first team performance close to the end of the season, they will activate the purchase option to act as a back up for Pique for the 19/20 season. This will allow Todibo is develop without any pressure to immediately replace Pique and perform amazingly.

We'll probably won't know how well Umtiti will recover (according to EV, he'll start training with the team in a couple of weeks) so the board will likely decide its next step by around March imo.

xXKonan

p01cat-1547247632358.jpg

Interviewed by Sport, can't wait to see what he has to say.

Ascom

I absolutely hate this board and their policy of signings but i agree with Todibo. He came very cheap and has lots of potential. If he's not that good, i'm sure that with his characteristics we can send him to England for 10 million at least. Now it would be helpful that he played the second half of the season wether in Toulouse or in a La Liga team on loan.

Barcilliant

I absolutely hate this board and their policy of signings but i agree with Todibo. He came very cheap and has lots of potential. If he's not that good, i'm sure that with his characteristics we can send him to England for 10 million at least. Now it would be helpful that he played the second half of the season wether in Toulouse or in a La Liga team on loan.
Just bring him here and give him some minutes. At least the club will get a closer look at him.

Home of Barca Fans