Jackson Martinez

J

Jamie Cal

It wasn't a bad signing for Atleti when it was made, he seemed like a good fit on paper, but yeah, colossal flop. Hard to believe he was so bad.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
People in general have not yet come to terms with China's fledgling superpower status. If the Chinese CP manages to keep things going (China's enemies will do everything possible to derail that) even at a decelerated rate, then China would (at least economically) soon dwarf even the USA. European states will be mosquitoes in comparison.

As for the money available to the Chinese economy, simply forget the rubbish you read in the mainstream press. China's economy generates much more savings each year than even the US's, and by some considerable margin at that.

I can tell you that is too rosy of a picture that you are painting. TONS of problems in the Chinese economy and China at large. I will even say this, we have MORE dire problems than any country in the world right now.

I see bubbles, huge bubbles.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The way I see it, the worst part about this is the Chinese clubs doing their share to prop up the already sky-high transfer fees, so in the end it will be bad for us and everybody.

Also, the Chinese clubs are paying HUGE, I mean HUGE salaries to these foreign players (in millions, on par with some of the wages paid by some top European clubs) so the less-than-ambitious and less-than-impressive ones are flocking over here in droves to get the HUGE paycheck. It is bad because that means these foreign players will be taking the place that should have been given to local players. In the end Chinese football suffers.

El Flaco

It wasn't a bad signing for Atleti when it was made, he seemed like a good fit on paper, but yeah, colossal flop. Hard to believe he was so bad.

I never understood the massive hype on Jackson.

He was just an average player...

Last edited:

StarLord

I can tell you that is too rosy of a picture that you are painting. TONS of problems in the Chinese economy and China at large. I will even say this, we have MORE dire problems than any country in the world right now.

I see bubbles, huge bubbles.

You trust the western MSM then?

They have predicted 152 of the last 0 Chinese collapses in the past 35 years or so.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And guys who represented something different for us (Xavi and Guardiola) have succumbed too.

El Flaco

Here's the top 10 best paying footballers in the world, according to the newspaper:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - 21M€/year
2. Lionel Messi - 20M€
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 16M€
4. Thomas Muller - 13,5M€
5. Jackson Martínez - 12,5M€
6. Thiago Silva - 12M€
7. Wayne Ronney - 11,5M€
8. Gareth Bale - 11M€
9. Ángel Di Maria - 11M€
10. Edinson Cavani - 10M€

Acer

And guys who represented something different for us (Xavi and Guardiola) have succumbed too.

is different the carrer of xavi is finished and Guardiola will go to coach in the Premier League, with the aim of bringing City at the top in europe. Who go in China, go only for money.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What about Puyol then who also had offers from everywhere but decided to retire instead? I guess Xavi needs to eat.
Yeah, there is challenge in getting City to top of Europe but there are plenty of other challenges instead of the richest and most plastic out there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Puyol said he wanted to keep playing, but couldn't due to his knee. Said he could barely walk the stairs in his house.

Home of Barca Fans