Jack Wilshere

Robbie

Cesc who? It's like the more we need Jack the more he steps up. He's going to be exponentially better next season :)

soarq

Good for you then. Clearly there's a big potential, but you never really know how it's going to pan out. I've checked Cesc numbers from 2006/2007 and it's pretty similar to Wilshere's 2010/2011.

Robbie

Wilshere had perfect possession of the ball since he was 16 years old, and even when he was playing for Bolton not even Chelsea or Man United could bully him. He has been playing passing football with Arsenal since he was 9 years old, and you can tell he picked up a few tricks from Cesc over the last 2 years. Even against Barcelona, out of our entire squad he was the only one Xavi and Busquets couldn't dispossess. Like Cesc's game against Juventus in 06, Jack had his 'coming of age' in the Champions League at Camp Nou.

Cesc leaving will put a lot of pressure on his shoulders, but then again -- Henry leaving did the same thing with a young Cesc. Everybody said we would be 5th place without Henry -- even a past club legend Ian Wright. Our midfield had a teenager and 2 players from the Bundesliga with almost no premier league experience (Hleb & Rosicky), and our new defensive midfielder was a 21 year old Frenchman from Marseille who had mostly played as a fullback and stand in CB. That ragtag squad ended up being almost 10 points clear of the league for most of the season, and even when we completely imploded we only lost by 4 points.

With someone like Wilshere and Ramsey, I feel like we can replicate our successes of 07 and with Gervinho we have an even better Adebayor. New stars will emerge and people will wonder why we even worried in the first place.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
When one door closes, a new unexpected one opens. I really believe in Wilshere, he is fantastic. I really like Ramsey too, but you still need Nasri, he gets the ball moving in the final third. Gervinho is a signing I really like, you still need a very reliable and experienced striker. It seems to me your left side is weak as shit while your right side has plenty in Gervinho, Nasri, and Theo.

Robbie

Our right side has Arshavin, Nasri, and Ryo. Wenger is going to keep Nasri for another season and let him go on a free, while Arshavin lost a lot of weight and looks fitter and more determined than he ever has for us. Also, Ryo is ridiculously fast -- I think only a fraction slower than Theo. He's got stepovers and tricks like Cristiano Ronaldo (who is his favorite player), and will learn from Arshavin how to find the back of the net.

Even though we're losing Cesc, the emergence of Wilshere makes it so we don't have anything to worry about. We need to focus on signing a CB and a LB. I don't at all trust in the fitness of Gibbs, Djourou, and Koscielny. If we get Phil Jagielka, things are looking very good for us.

Koma

I don't know if you heard but there were certain Lampards, Gerards, Rooneys after Scholes
Just sayin'

Yugi

when this guy peaks and will be played in proper system (not this english kick and run bullshit) he will be way above gerard, lampard or anyone

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
when this guy peaks and will be played in proper system (not this english kick and run bullshit) he will be way above gerard, lampard or anyone

I agree with Gerrard and Lampard. If Jack can score goals like Lampard did.. then he'll be even better.

Koma

I also think he will be much much better then Gerrard and Lampard after all Gerard is only a English buldog, he does not have 20% technique of Wilshere.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
You all are under-rating Gerrard and Lampard. They are very good player, Jack has a long way to go to reach their level.

SwiftGuyver

You all are under-rating Gerrard and Lampard. They are very good player, Jack has a long way to go to reach their level.

Rooney, Gerrard & Lampard are all top quality players but based on raw, natural talent Jack is the best English footballer since Scholes...

obviously he might not fulfill his potential but it looks like he probably will...

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Rooney's the best English player now... by far. Jack's not the best English footballer since Scholes.. Lol... Jack's a very good player but when you start making comments like that... it's silly.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans