Jack Grealish

El Gato

Villarato!
Sky now reporting Villa will accept

Where does that leave Bernardo? With Foden only getting better and Sterling presumably staying put you'd think he's a goner

Porque

?There is a big chance we are not going to sign a striker this summer,? Guardiola said. ?We have enough players in the first team right now and we have interesting players in the academy, so there is a big chance that because of the economic situation in the world right now, we are not going to sign a striker next season.?

?I don?t know what is going to happen but at these prices we are not going to buy any striker,? Guardiola continued. ?It?s impossible. We cannot afford it. All the clubs are struggling financially, us as well. Today there is more chance we will not buy a striker next season.?

I don't think there is a manager out there that is as two-faced as him.

Pep spitting facts.

Poor City and Pep can't afford those 150m strikers, only those 100m attacking midfielders.

Secretly Pep doesn't want to sign strikers so he has his get out clause for CL failure.

Rory

If this goes ahead, then it's ucl or failure for pep imo. Breaking prem records from now on when their bench is more expensive than many of the ucl contenders squads shouldn't cut it. If he adds Kane as well then he must dominate the ucl for a few years.

fergus90

Where does that leave Bernardo? With Foden only getting better and Sterling presumably staying put you'd think he's a goner

Thing is though Grealish's best position by far is on the left. Deployed anywhere else, he does not have the same impact. If City are wanting to splash 100 million on him, surely you play him where he performs.

Sterling obviously plays there, so I can't see him and Grealish being happy to share game time.

I'm genuinely surprised that City want to bid 100 million, it's usually kind of thrown about as a ludicrous figure but it's a large sum of money that can help us further improve the squad.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Imagine Sterling will be used more centrally in front of KdB and/or Foden if at all, but will be difficult to get rid of.
At least until contract runs out. Then some other team like Chelsea or RM may give him last big contract depending how he performs and who plays for them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Atletico want him, but have no money to complete the deal.

Unless Man City want Saul and accept a trade of some sort.

Birdy

Pep going for another similar type of player.

Looks like his striker-less, winger-less last CL campaign grew on him.
Even more control during the game..

Both Sterling and Jesus will play even less this season in the important games.
It will be a good moment next summer to snatch either

Imagine if they get their other main summer target, Kane...

Jenks

the rich get richer.

Barca becomes a minnow.

I can see people wanting to create a narrative about oil money, and for sure it's a massive factor, but let's be honest, Barcelona are in the position they're in because of gross mismanagement first and foremost.

Daisymorr

I can see people wanting to create a narrative about oil money, and for sure it's a massive factor, but let's be honest, Barcelona are in the position they're in because of gross mismanagement first and foremost.

100%. Ten years ago this club had the world at its feet and every advantage possible with both players and reputation. The club failed to take advantage of this to make themselves more wealthy and invest in the best young players in the world. It became more a case of buying expensive players while letting the core of the team grow old.
We were a wealthy club that allowed ego to take over without long term planning of the playing team and Finances.

Reap what you sow has never been more true for our club.

Home of Barca Fans