Ivan Rakitić

George_Costanza

I don't think most of you realize he will be an undisputed starter again. Valverde purposely playing De Jong out of position and barely playing Arthur is to set a stage for the return of his most beloved player.

Raketa10

So he refused to join NT so he can sort out his future and now is staying? What the actual fuck? Not to mention Croatian NT games are next week and transfer window closes in less than 4 hours. :facepalm:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So he refused to join NT so he can sort out his future and now is staying? What the actual fuck? Not to mention Croatian NT games are next week and transfer window closes in less than 4 hours. :facepalm:

Maybe he's going to some fair again like he did after the Anfield collapse.

xXKonan

The other reason I have read is he's not in the state of mind to be playing for Croatia right now.

Either that is true or it is just an excuse to take time off.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't be surprised. What the hell is in his head?

He's most likely unsure on whether he want to continue on the NT or not. IMO, he should ride it out with Euro next year and retire after that so Croatia have a couple of years to find a successor in his role for the World Cup.

If you're unsure or not motivated though, then it's better to retire now.

Raketa10

He's most likely unsure on whether he want to continue on the NT or not. IMO, he should ride it out with Euro next year and retire after that so Croatia have a couple of years to find a successor in his role for the World Cup.

If you're unsure or not motivated though, then it's better to retire now.

Agree. If he is unsure he should have retired already. Problem is coach is counting on him and he fucked him up twice in a row.

shadows

Agree. If he is unsure he should have retired already. Problem is coach is counting on him and he fucked him up twice in a row.

It also makes sense to a degree..With these distractions, he would be 10% of what he is. And he is right in focusing on settling his career considering the side distractions he has been having for the past month or so thanks to the Neymar drama.... Once he stays or leaves, he will probably play the next round of qualifying.

Home of Barca Fans