Ivan Rakitić

fergus90

Honestly I think 14/15 and 15/16 Rakitic were great especially considering the price tag but he's not what Barcelona should be having as a central midfielder for the last 3 years. The fact that he's still getting 90 minutes, in CL knockout games is absolutely scandalous.

Sorin

Honestly I think 14/15 and 15/16 Rakitic were great especially considering the price tag but he's not what Barcelona should be having as a central midfielder for the last 3 years. The fact that he's still getting 90 minutes, in CL knockout games is absolutely scandalous.

Not to mention we have a world class player in De Jong who can play in that position. OK, Busquets is a veteran and still does the job in that position from time to time, but when Busquets doesn't play you still don't play him?

Anyway De Jong, when apt, should be a first team player as a DM. The fact that we are still playing Busquets and Rakitic is truly tragic.

Sorin

We need legs against Bayern, would play with De Jong, Puig and Roberto/Vidal. We need guys that can run. Not like we have so many options or Busquets/Rakitic are good, at least go out by not being fucking cowards.

Andresito

Staff member
We need legs against Bayern, would play with De Jong, Puig and Roberto/Vidal. We need guys that can run. Not like we have so many options or Busquets/Rakitic are good, at least go out by not being fucking cowards.

Agreed. The last thing I want to see is some kind of 4-4-2 with Griezmann, Ansu and Riqui on the bench.

Andresito

Staff member
We ruined a strong Bayern once with tiki taka, triangle passes and effective hypnotizing possession

We have also countered Bayern to death. But then we had three midfielders who could actually run and create, and a front three with movement.
Additionally a 5 years younger Alba and a RB who could provide in attack.

We basically have 0 of that, apart from 2 midfielders who can run, whereas one is stuck on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans