Ivan Rakitić

DrIpaWho

Valverde managing the team that got kicked out shockingly two years in a row in champions league is just enough for me to sack him. He is not doing Rakitic any favour as well considering how many minutes he played, especially last year, even with a whole week break between matches against liverpool, there is no way he could have been fresh for that.

Only thing im saying is by pushing Rakitic in first 11 almost every game, he didnt actually help his case at all.

I'd love to see Barca winning champions league but im not sure if its possible with Valverde :(

clemente

No matter how De Jong, Arthur, Alena, Busquets, Puig are gonna perform for next 8 months, he still has the guaranteed starting spot in CL knockouts if we get there.

We should be all happy when Valverdo let only Busi or Rakitic start, as he would never put both on the bench. So I would like to see Arthur-De Jong-Rakitic. Even though this seems to be a strong midfield, Arthur and Rakitic arent elite class like De Jong. We should have gone for a worldclass midfield player like Eriksen, Pogba or somebody else instead of an unnecassary Neymar.

EdmondDantes

His place certainly isn't considered to be 'occupied' by the board. Multiple sources confirm the suits are trying to shoehorn him in the Neymar deal.

abbbs97

I dont believe MD in this. And especially the reporter reporting this. All reliable sources say that we offered him + Coutinho + Money. I think that both Coutinho and Rakitic have somewhat agreed to leave but only if the PSG offer satisfies them. Otherwise, we wouldn't have offered either of them to PSG.

[MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION] , you mentioned in the Neymar thread that while MD get their information from the board and is basically the board's mouthpiece yet they try to downplay things as to try to be cautious especially when it comes to big name transfers. Do you think its likely that the board told them to publish certain false information in order to not get the fans' hopes high just in case? I'm asking cause MD is the only outlet that reported that we only offered players and not money while basically all other reliable sources reported that we offered both players and money.

Leo_Messi

I dont believe MD in this. And especially the reporter reporting this. All reliable sources say that we offered him + Coutinho + Money. I think that both Coutinho and Rakitic have somewhat agreed to leave but only if the PSG offer satisfies them. Otherwise, we wouldn't have offered either of them to PSG.

[MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION] , you mentioned in the Neymar thread that while MD get their information from the board and is basically the board's mouthpiece yet they try to downplay things as to try to be cautious especially when it comes to big name transfers. Do you think its likely that the board told them to publish certain false information in order to not get the fans' hopes high just in case? I'm asking cause MD is the only outlet that reported that we only offered players and not money while basically all other reliable sources reported that we offered both players and money.

As you might know most of the rumors during a "mercado de fichajes" are smokescreens or fake rumors or half-truths. In a given rumor there might be a degree of truth in but most often the journalist will "cook a story" to gain clicks and publicity. So by default most rumors are not genuine.

Have in mind that a club like Barça with entire media houses aligned to them (like with RM and some clubs in Italy) will use them as part of the "propaganda war". Same with PSG in France and their local media.

I don't know about Rakitic. It is just guess work as I am not part of the negotiation. Personally I find it hard to believe that Rakitic will leave this summer due to being one of the favorites of Valverde (I know that he just spoke publicly about Rakitic and other players needing to prove their worth if they want to continue to play from the start) , his Spanish wife that does not want to leave Spain (apparently) and how well-integrated and close he is to the leading "club de amigos" members. That and him being a versatile player for all the stick that he gets. More so for a pragmatic/conservative coach like Valverde.

That he is way past his best, that we are overbooked in the midfield, that I was of the opinion that we should have sold him 1 season ago, is irrelevant here.

If I had to guess, I would be surprised if Rakitic would be part of the deal. However for all I know Rakitic and his wife might be willing to go to Paris if PSG will offer enough of money for Ivan. PSG have signed Herrera and Sarabia this summer and Bernat is already there so his wife would have some company at least. There are many worser destinations than Paris as well if leaving a club like Barça and a city like BCN.

I would not believe Rakitic moving to say Manchester but Paris is more believable. Had it been Milano or Italy, even more.

About deliberately bullshitting, well MD has been doing (like any other sports media) for years so that is a certainty.

I mean there have been many times this summer where local media have claimed that Neymar is 100% off, similarly with our beloved Bartomeu and other board members. Remember Bartomeu's talk to the media after Segura was fired or was it during the Griezmann presentation when he was asked about Neymar and said that there is no interest from our side? I immediately called bullshit on that and wrote it here.

As I wrote in the Neymar thread, what we end up offering PSG will depend on how desperate Bartomeu will be and whether or not the players offered would be willing to go to PSG.

Anyway for all we know, PSG might not be interested in Rakitic. I have no clue what Leonardo and their board wants or Tuchel. However a player like Rakitic will prove as a solid buy for 1-2 season (at least) for a team like PSG that is playing in a Mickey Mouse league where they are favorites always (big ones too) and are sweeping up every domestic competition each year due to lack of rivals.

However as I also wrote in the Neymar thread, I believe that PSG wanting Semedo as a part of the deal makes more sense and that is exactly what they are lacking. They only have Meunier as a right back (who is average in my view) and Kehrer who can play as a RB while his preferred position is CB. So if anything that is the position that they should strengthen or at least I would look to strengthen it if I were Leonardo.

Semedo wanted out earlier this summer. Supposedly got reassurances from the board and Valverde that he will be first choice as the right back with Roberto moving up to his original midfield position. Only time will prove if that was bullshtiting from the board and Valverde.

Personally I am not the biggest fan of Semedo so I won't exactly cry if we part ways with him provided that the board buys a replacement of a similar level or preferably even better. It might be too late for such plans though so don't see him leaving this summer.

Last edited:

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Valverde does not plan to get rid of Rakitic. For him, the Croatian is untransferable. [gol] <a href="https://t.co/57AU4nQ43F">pic.twitter.com/57AU4nQ43F</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1161389801712435200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

underoath

Banned
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Valverde does not plan to get rid of Rakitic. For him, the Croatian is untransferable. [gol] <a href="https://t.co/57AU4nQ43F">pic.twitter.com/57AU4nQ43F</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1161389801712435200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gotta be one of the most stupidest Twitter account to use for News. Basically it will post anything

Andresito

Staff member
Gotta be one of the most stupidest Twitter account to use for News. Basically it will post anything

That's the point of the account. They post almost all news, reliable or not. It's up to each individual to use their own brain cells to believe the news or not.

cro-man

We have so many midfielders and almost all of them are shit and thats the reason why this guy still has a chance to start here.

Home of Barca Fans