Ivan Rakitić

Arizona Scott

I don't see getting bothered yet whether he stays or goes. Fdj will get all the time he deserves if he performs and adjusts like arthur, but if he takes some time to acclimate to barca, like most do, there are options.

I think it would be smart to sell rakitic for large sum and take rabiot or herrera as a free, but i am not distressed if he stays and is in a 4-5 player midfield rotation.

Let the season play out for him, vidal and ev, than worry about summer moves. For now it is a team in a chase for a treble+ and enjoy the ride.

God Serena

I don't see getting bothered yet whether he stays or goes. Fdj will get all the time he deserves if he performs and adjusts like arthur, but if he takes some time to acclimate to barca, like most do, there are options.

I think it would be smart to sell rakitic for large sum and take rabiot or herrera as a free, but i am not distressed if he stays and is in a 4-5 player midfield rotation.

Let the season play out for him, vidal and ev, than worry about summer moves. For now it is a team in a chase for a treble+ and enjoy the ride.

The primary issue with Rakitic, is that his potentially sexual relationship with Valverde (kidding) is destroying any and all prospects of us having a solid midfield, by way of a complete and utter lack of rotation. What even is the point at all of having solid players for every role in our midfield if two of the three spots are 100% locked down by two aging veterans who will start every single game? It's not as if you can just say that won't happen next season and dismiss this as a possibility, because it is our reality right now, at this very moment.

serghei

Guess we'll see Frenkie and Arthur rotating since Rakitic and Busquets are obviously undroppable for this man.

Would basically be the ultimate confirmation of how average Valverde is.

That being said, we're idiots if we sell Rakitic for less than 50m.

Zidane82

The primary issue with Rakitic, is that his potentially sexual relationship with Valverde (kidding) is destroying any and all prospects of us having a solid midfield, by way of a complete and utter lack of rotation. What even is the point at all of having solid players for every role in our midfield if two of the three spots are 100% locked down by two aging veterans who will start every single game? It's not as if you can just say that won't happen next season and dismiss this as a possibility, because it is our reality right now, at this very moment.
One of the ‘two’ is a given, though ( Busqs ) and is THE vital link in the team and who’s basically the conductor of our team ... and has been for a decade .. the other is just a deadweight to my mind

serghei

Rakitic is in fine form. He can be a really top player when on form. He's not some scrub.

Would play in midfield in all teams left in the Champions League bar City. Main problem with him at Barcelona is that he was played to death all these years. His minutes have only started to be better managed by Valverde recently.

Androutsos

Rakitic is in fine form. He can be a really top player when on form. He's not some scrub.

Would play in midfield in all teams left in the Champions League bar City. Main problem with him at Barcelona is that he was played to death all these years. His minutes have only started to be better managed by Valverde recently.

He would easily start of Fernandinho imo.

vlad

Rakitic is one of the best transfers that barca ever did, costed 20m, starter from day 1 until now, barca won alot trophies with him, nevermind that he isnt "barca dna" type of player, but he really is wc midfielder, not his fault why he is getting overplayed every week, in club or with national team, coaches love him and thats something

Edit:if in todays market coutinho is 160m, dembele 150m, morata 90m, it would be crazy to let go ivan under 80m, but with barca board, they are capable to give him for peanuts

Last edited:

gatsu

What is Barça DNA? Player with high technical ability and high football IQ. Rakitic fall definitely is this catagory.

Porque

There is another option.

Any hot player coming through Sevilla?

We could keep Rakitic for next season or two then trade him for a Sevilla player. Rakitic has always said he would like to retire at Sevilla.

That way we get to blend de Jong and Arthur (Alena too) into the first team for the next season or two with Rakitic still around for quality and depth.

Home of Barca Fans