Ivan Rakitić

Judoman

I support beautiful football and Rakitic doesn't provide that.
I am a busy man. As a final year medical student, i don't want to spend my 90 minutes leisure time watching this kind of play that he provides :puke:

I don't hate him though. I don't hate anyone.
I love everybody. I just hate how he plays.

If i met him in the streets and he is unable to find his way i would help him out however i can, but still hate his game play

He plays, the way his coach instructs him to play. He is not the only source of (stupid)hate in the team. In the team sitting on top of the table-s with 0 defeats that is.
Results come first, than there s a room for stile. Ask Lpool and Arsenal fans about that.
If you want guarantieed beauty, you should think about other options not football. Specialy with your precious free time.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Is this really happening? One good game against sporting and people start claiming we 'hate' on rakitic not because he has been crap for like 2 seasons but because we want to sound 'cool'?

He has been extremely mediocre for 2 seasons now. There is no exaggerration or negativity in that. I really want to know how he has contributed in our offence as of late.

Of course no one is going to be ecstatic if he has one good game after 10 poor games. Do you want us to start hailing him as a great midfielder because of that?

You say we need a scapegoat since gomes isn't playing as if we always need someone to hate so tell me who was our scapegoat in our pep days or in our treble season. No one. Its only when people are actually shit when they are rightly criticised. The only player I have seen getting more criticism than necessarry was neymar but it was more because of the huge expectations from him.

Anyway rakitic hasn't been bad at all. I am just a hater. He helps us so much in attack its unbelievable.

Point is that HE HAS NOT BEEN AS CRAP, as people make it sound to be. There is very big difference between being mediocre and being crap. No one expects people to hail him "as greatest midfielder of all time". That is the exaggeration I am talking about. He has been okey, not his best, but also not the worst player on squad. There have been better games and worse games.
This forum is not the only medium I follow regarding Barcelona. I also read professional journalism, different blogs, various social media outlets and more. What makes barcaforum stand out is this bizarre group-effect. If some group of people pick a target, be it Suarez, Rakitic, Gomes or anyone else, it just keeps on growing, until there is something like "barcaforum opinion", which becomes the hip and cool thing and anyone objecting it will be bullied, called names and more. Other mediums take it game by game.
Jamdav is excellent example of this. If you ignore his annoying habit of never backing out, he is in most of cases the voice of reason here, but instead of being one of the respected posters here, is more of viewed as a troll and annoying idiot who does not follow the group mentality. Or then 25k reddit cules, who are just ignorant as they do not share the "barcaforum" negativity.
That is what I am talking about.

FCBfan22

The thing with Rakitić for me is that he has shown what he's capable of in the Sevilla and Asspanyol games, which leads me to think that what is leading to his sub-medicore performances is some kind of motivational issue (not form as in Suarez's case). He stepped up in the games that meant something to him, Asspanyol one being the derby and Sevilla one being against his former club which Raquel's family supports. He has been great in those two games, crap in a few and medicore in most of them. But medicore is not good enough for Barca standards.

ronniecro

I support beautiful football and Rakitic doesn't provide that.
I am a busy man. As a final year medical student, i don't want to spend my 90 minutes leisure time watching this kind of play that he provides :puke:

I don't hate him though. I don't hate anyone.
I love everybody. I just hate how he plays.

If i met him in the streets and he is unable to find his way i would help him out however i can, but still hate his game play

i'd probably point him to wherever sevilla is...

gasgas

He plays, the way his coach instructs him to play. He is not the only source of (stupid)hate in the team. In the team sitting on top of the table-s with 0 defeats that is.
Results come first, than there s a room for stile. Ask Lpool and Arsenal fans about that.
If you want guarantieed beauty, you should think about other options not football. Specialy with your precious free time.

Well if you care for results only, that's fine.
I want good football,
Not guaranteed beauty, but 90 minutes of something worth watching

gasgas

The thing with Rakitić for me is that he has shown what he's capable of in the Sevilla and Asspanyol games, which leads me to think that what is leading to his sub-medicore performances is some kind of motivational issue (not form as in Suarez's case). He stepped up in the games that meant something to him, Asspanyol one being the derby and Sevilla one being against his former club which Raquel's family supports. He has been great in those two games, crap in a few and medicore in most of them. But medicore is not good enough for Barca standards.

So he was very good in the Catalan derby but couldn't be bothered to be motivated for El classico in supercup? With a trophy at stake

henias

Point is that HE HAS NOT BEEN AS CRAP, as people make it sound to be. There is very big difference between being mediocre and being crap. No one expects people to hail him "as greatest midfielder of all time". That is the exaggeration I am talking about. He has been okey, not his best, but also not the worst player on squad. There have been better games and worse games.
This forum is not the only medium I follow regarding Barcelona. I also read professional journalism, different blogs, various social media outlets and more. What makes barcaforum stand out is this bizarre group-effect. If some group of people pick a target, be it Suarez, Rakitic, Gomes or anyone else, it just keeps on growing, until there is something like "barcaforum opinion", which becomes the hip and cool thing and anyone objecting it will be bullied, called names and more. Other mediums take it game by game.
Jamdav is excellent example of this. If you ignore his annoying habit of never backing out, he is in most of cases the voice of reason here, but instead of being one of the respected posters here, is more of viewed as a troll and annoying idiot who does not follow the group mentality. Or then 25k reddit cules, who are just ignorant as they do not share the "barcaforum" negativity.
That is what I am talking about.

Nothing of that sort. You are just blowing things up. Like I said previously, the reason for the harsher critique is bcos he is a starter and he deteriorates every season. The hate didnt just start overnight after one or 2 games, it isnt as far fetched as u think. People will understand if he doesnt play much but tats not the case.

By your logic, are u trying to instigate a grp hate against the grp itself as well? U act like people down here constantly curse him to death or want him dead, the only worst statements I heard is they want him off the pitch and not be given so much minutes, thats all.

By Barcelona's standard, to crudely put, he is "crap". Even players like Jeremy Matheui or Arda Turan are not crap, but when put in a world class team alongside Messi and the rest, of course they look like crap. But of course none of them are THAT bad of a player. I dont hate him, I'm just annoyed at the number of times he starts games.

JamDav is clearly not a good example. He is one with extreme radical perspective on things, being the minority doesnt make u a "voice of reason". If u are positive on something, he will disapprove it and be negative, vice versa. He will always go against something, for the good or bad. That is no "reasoning" from a logical point of view.

Just bcos majority of the people agree on something doesnt mean they are necessarily wrong or unreasonable. It's also nothing like a cult following or a group bandwagon. That's exaggerating on your part. I simply speak my mind on such matters, regardless or not the majority or minority agrees with me.

Last edited:

Judoman

Well if you care for results only, that's fine.
I want good football,
Not guaranteed beauty, but 90 minutes of something worth watching

Your desires don t justify hate. Typical for this humanity..."my way or the hate way".

Saying you don t hate him, just the way he plays, is like a patient of yours saying he doesn t hate you, he just hates the way you administer medial treatment.

I m sure you ll be fine with that.

LeeRomeno

Nothing of that sort. You are just blowing things up. Like I said previously, the reason for the harsher critique is bcos he is a starter and he deteriorates every season. The hate didnt just start overnight after one or 2 games, it isnt as far fetched as u think. People will understand if he doesnt play much but tats not the case.

By your logic, are u trying to instigate a grp hate against the grp itself as well? U act like people down here constantly curse him to death or want him dead, the only worst statements I heard is they want him off the pitch and not be given so much minutes, thats all.

By Barcelona's standard, to crudely put, he is "crap". Even players like Jeremy Matheui or Arda Turan are not crap, but when put in a world class team alongside Messi and the rest, of course they look like crap. But of course none of them are THAT bad of a player. I dont hate him, I'm just annoyed at the number of times he starts games.

JamDav is clearly not a good example. He is one with extreme radical perspective on things, being the minority doesnt make u a "voice of reason". If u are positive on something, he will disapprove it and be negative, vice versa. He will always go against something, for the good or bad. That is no "reasoning" from a logical point of view.

Just bcos majority of the people agree on something doesnt mean they are necessarily wrong or unreasonable. It's also nothing like a cult following or a group bandwagon. That's exaggerating on your part. I simply speak my mind on such matters, regardless or not the majority or minority agrees with me.

Sigh, you just do not read properly, the simple fact of him "deteriorating every season", is something that seems to be only in the mindset of this forum. I never claimed hate started overnight, on the contrary, I have stated that it takes time for some "barcaforum opinion" to formulate, but once it does, it becomes some sort of rule.
Trash Suarez, Rakitic after every game, ignore if they play better, or say he had 1 good assist or had 2 tap-ins, return with full strength if they play poor. It used to be Gomes last season, now he barely plays, new faces are needed. I am not even speaking about extreme cases of hoping someone gets injured or dies or something, which are luckily rare minority here. And then if anyone disagrees, he is automatically clueless, because this forum knows best. Want me to find the comments where some tv commentator or reddit users or some newspaper article or stats website is claimed to be idiotic, because this forum has different opinion? There are plenty.
JamDav is good example actually, because on most of cases he actually speaks his own opinion, rather than the common forum opinion and is trashed for that. I am not arguing here that he is correct all the time, definitely not. But his reputation here is mainly based on the fact he speaks against the majority and majority is not always right.
And no, I never claimed that if most people agree on something, they are automatically wrong. But if the common perspective of some topic on this forum is totally opposite from common perspective on some other forum or medium, perhaps people could consider the truth is somewhere in between and not just ridicule the other side?

Home of Barca Fans