Ivan Rakitić

dakt

Brilliant...and just few months ago I was in disbelief. Love his confidence now and forward passes - 0:48

mark1nhu

In current days you can't buy a donuts for 18 M.

We just stole him from Sevilla. I consider him the best signing in terms of cost benefit.

Kohe321

What a game! His linkup has gotten so good, but his reading of the game is what keeps impressing me. Notice how after he passes the ball he immediately looks around to orientate himself, taking note of where players are as well as any positional errors from defenders, so that if he gets the ball back or a sequence of play is initiated he is already aware of what good passing options he has, or what space he should move into. Even though he's physically quite strong he's not very fast, yet he never seems to be lagging behind at all.

This is the classic Cruyff and Xavi thing of appearing faster than what you are simply by reading the game exceptionally well.

Last edited:

Jombi

In current days you can't buy a donuts for 18 M.

We just stole him from Sevilla. I consider him the best signing in terms of cost benefit.

Thats not really true. It was more like 25m euros (Suarez deal included) and he had only a year left on his contract. That is a very good price for Sevilla when he could have left on a free transfer in a year. Toni Kroos went for 25m as well. De Gea probably wont go for any more either when he leaves Man U this summer. Lewandowski was free. The huge prices you hear about when teams sign players are players with several years left on their contract. You cant compare that to players who only have a year left or are bosman players. Its a totally different ballgame.

Jombi

Loan a player don't cost anything. Even if we pay the wages (he is a youngster after all).

Suarez has a first team wage now, not a Barca B wage. Clubs that request to loan a player usually also pay a loan fee in addition to paying the wages when they loan the player.

mark1nhu

Suarez has a first team wage now, not a Barca B wage. Clubs that request to loan a player usually also pay a loan fee in addition to paying the wages when they loan the player.

Still don't have costs (I mean, additional costs).

I rather loan for free to Sevilla than for money to Aston Villa or any other EPL shit team.

We can't add Suarez official fee to Rakitic signing fee. In fact, if Sevilla choose to buy him, we need to subtract his fee from Rakitic.

Suarez returning: Raki cost us 18M;
Suarez not returning: Raki cost us 12M.

You could argue, of course, if Suarez worth only 6M and if we made the right call. But we just don't know yet.

I think he will never make it to be Barça first team level, although I like his style.

Kohe321

I just watched the video above once more, and man I am literally smiling like crazy when watching it. What a ridiculously good performance, Rakitic is just immense. Yeah, one of our best signings ever without a doubt. Just 18m... Crazy.

xXKonan

Rakitic: "Teammates said they'll cut my hair off if we win the CL. My wife said she'd then first kill me and then the one who did it" [catr] :lol:

Home of Barca Fans