Ivan Fresneda

Porque

Our chosen rightback reportedly. Time for the lad to get a thread.

GettyImages-1453489992-scaled.jpg

soul24rage

I have not been following the transfer saga of Fresneda.

How much is the rumoured fee? Seems like a solid fullback from what I've seen of him with a lot of years ahead of him.

Andresito

Staff member
Buyout clause €20m but Barca hoping to reduce it to half. Good signing for a low fee but not sure what it says about him if he goes for below his clause.

JamDav1982

Going below his clause doesnt mean much if it is Barca he has decided to join and not entertaining other clubs.

Believe his clause dropped to 15m when relegated though.

Andresito

Staff member
Going below his clause doesnt mean much if it is Barca he has decided to join and not entertaining other clubs.

Believe his clause dropped to 15m when relegated though.
Real Valladolid right back Iván Fresneda has seen his release clause drop to 20 million euros due to the club’s relegation from La Liga.

Apparently was 40m before.

Porque

Starting for Spain in the U19 Euros in about an hours time btw.

There's a few interesting players in the Spain 11. Victor Barbera of Club Brugge and Ilias of Villarreal are pretty good.

Mad game between Norway and Greece just now. Norway were up 5-0 but then Greece summoned the spirit of 'Gician and the twitch of Neymar to score 4 in the second half and almost claw it back.

---

Regarding the fee, Milan have reportedly offered 10m while Arsenal dropped interest because Barca have agreed personal terms.

It's completely normal to negotiate terms when a team has the capacity to pay the buyout fee. We're probably looking at a favourable payment structure compared to paying all out for the buy out fee.

Chelsea down the same with Nico Jackson and Villarreal.

xXKonan

Arnau Martinez vs Ivan Fresneda between both of them who would you rather have?

I think Martinez is easily far more along with his development but he would cost a bit more though.

mc_lovin

Arnau Martinez vs Ivan Fresneda between both of them who would you rather have?

I think Martinez is easily far more along with his development but he would cost a bit more though.
I really like Arnau.

And maybe it’s just me hallucinating things, but dann, Fresneda looks huge now (meaning physically huge). A year ago he was a run of the mill, uninspiring, typically Spanish RB.

So I would choose Fresneda.

jamrock

Arnau now, fresneda in 1/2 seasons he's still developing but the few games I saw, I like his physical attributes, that's the game now if you're a FB.

Catta

We have only our selves to blame if it happens. Nobody forced the club last year to throw money like a drunk billionare on a 33 year old flat track bully from the Bundeslol, a winger from a relegation candidate who can't dribble and on a CB just to play him as a RB.

That is 150 mil what could have been used on more important positions this season.

mc_lovin

We have only our selves to blame if it happens. Nobody forced the club last year to throw money like a drunk billionare on a 33 year old flat track bully from the Bundeslol, a winger from a relegation candidate who can't dribble and on a CB just to play him as a RB.

That is 150 mil what could have been used on more important positions this season.
These 3 played a major part in winning the League.

We are fucked financially anyway. We need to get to terms with it.

Home of Barca Fans