Ilaix Moriba

Messigician

However, Moriba?s dad Mamady Kourouma cancelled the ticket on the morning of the flight after a breakthrough in contract talks with Barca.

He told Sport: ?With Barcelona, the negotiations did not advance. We met with Txiki Begiristain [City?s sporting director] and he explained his entire project to us.

?We liked it because they bet a lot on him. A few weeks later we had the tickets to travel to Manchester and sign the contract.

?I cancelled it the morning that we had to go there. I wanted Ilaix to be an example and a reference for the next generations of Barcelona.

?His friends were gone. If he stayed, it was proof Barca was betting on the youth players.

Messigician

There are things I never imagined. It was the family's dream. Ilaix has fulfilled it. I will always remember it and I thank him for how he's helping us.

Koeman's not feared putting him in.

I consider Ronald the 'Papa of Ilaix.' You have to be grateful to someone who gives you the chance of a lifetime, as he's done with my son. Not all managers make these gestures. If it wasn't for Koeman, some of these youngsters wouldn't be in the first team.

When it comes to renewing, having a coach that backs the kids is key.

With this dynamic, thanks to Koeman, I am 100 percent thinking of Bar?a. Why leave? At that age, taking the risk of going to another team when you have a coach that takes a chance on a kid from La Masia in a tough game like the Sevilla one... You have to appreciate that. Hardly anyone does it.

Laporta also loves La Masia.

The president's the most important person at the club. I hope we have luck with him. It helps to have a president that likes La Masia. I remember after Rijkaard he took a chance on Guardiola. Not all presidents do that with the pressure at Bar?a. It's easier to go for a coach with more experience.

Laporta as president helps to think that Ilaix could stay for many years?

It helps, that's clear. I hope Ilaix never leaves and can be an example for the next generation at La Masia. I want kids who have doubts about staying to see Ilaix and choose to stay. It happened with Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Xavi, etc.I hope he can always stay at Bar?a.

It's not been easy to make it here.

I will never forget how La Masia has helped me. Separating from your son when he's seven is really hard. It was a tough moment for me. He was the smallest of them all. I sacrificed not being close to my son to prioritise his development. I am really grateful to Bar?a for how they have helped us.

Early memories?

When we were at Espanyol, Bar?a made contact with us. My first interview was with Albert Benaiges. We met in a hotel close to the Mini Estadi. He was key, he was the first person that showed confidence in us.

And an early connection with Ansu Fati...

I have a good relationship with Bori, his father. We've known each other since the kids were little. They call each other brothers.

xXKonan

They also claim RB has not been happy at all with his performances and would be willing to sell him in January.

If this seems remotely true this sort of reminds me of what happened with Jordi Mboula. Had a good amount of hype, decided to go to Monaco as they offered him a first-team place and more money than we were offering, only to end up being banished to the Shadow relm.

ajnotkeith

And it would happen to a bunch of our other younger players too if they decide to go to a serious first-division club.

Those aren't like FC Barcelona. Playing 1 good game out of 10 cuts it here for a lot of players and they get praise and called the next Xavi or Zidane for it but at clubs like Leipzig they will send you to the bench if you don't take advantage of your minutes. Once in a blue moon good games aren't valued.

khaled_a_d

And it would happen to a bunch of our other younger players too if they decide to go to a serious first-division club.

Those aren't like FC Barcelona. Playing 1 good game out of 10 cuts it here for a lot of players and they get praise and called the next Xavi or Zidane for it but at clubs like Leipzig they will send you to the bench if you don't take advantage of your minutes. Once in a blue moon good games aren't valued.

Who?

xXKonan

Gerard Romero claims, Ilaix called the club and express his desire to return.

My man if you had listened to what everyone had been saying to you, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Devils

The irony that we got Nico and Gavi in the first team because Iliax and Wijnaldum rejected Barca.

Stunning.

Home of Barca Fans