Iker Casillas

serghei

Perez singlehandely destroyed the club, that is the only way to look at it. Only when he is gone can things get better.

It didn't work that great for you without Perez, did it. You think Calderon was a good president? Maybe Perez and RM is a match made in heaven. :coffee:

Morten

It didn't work that great for you without Perez, did it. You think Calderon was a good president? Maybe Perez and RM is a match made in heaven. :coffee:

It surely worked alot better, actually. Perez doesnt have a clue about football, or to threat others as human beings either.

F

Flavia

Porto being his destination is surely weird. Why wasn't he swapped for de gea?

El Gato

Villarato!
Porto being his destination is surely weird. Why wasn't he swapped for de gea?

They didn't want him? Who knows. Also he probably preferred a Spanish coach that he knows and Portuguese culture is not that vastly different from Spanish I'd wager.

For those who keep talking about the way he left, Iker chose this farewell. Club gave him multiple options. 2 days ago there were people congregating by Bernabeu when Iker was there negotiating as if they were waiting for a farewell address, but he chose not to do it and negotiations stalled. A lot of it is probably to do with his own modesty (hence he didn't answer any questions and just read out a few words), but at the same time I think he's lost confidence in himself and his fanbase.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Last edited:
This is an ugly conclusion for a great player that has given Madrid 25 years of blood, sweat and tears. Casillas was undisputed for a long time as number 1 in world football and I understand when "it's time to go" when they are no longer great, but this is no way to treat a player that has given such service to a club. I cannot imagine a Giggs,Xavi or a Maldini being booed by there own fans in addition?! Real Madrid are so ungraceful but it doesn't matter as long as they have the "best players"! :shakeshead:

Barcilliant

Well... Didn't the locals turn against him? Also saw a lot of Anti-Casillas propaganda by the media which you'd not see earlier. You can say he should have left himself earlier and that he messed up big time, but still a sad aura around it, how the farewell happened.

He should have left when that dickhead Mourinho started his shenanigans.
He would have moved to a top club and not Porto.

Actually Maldini was booed by his own fans, shame to see legends go like that.

Woo didn't know that, was that towards the end of his career? Indeed it is, and I can understand when a player is no longer good enough it's very uncomfortable watching a great become a liability, but at that point they usually just retire.

Morten

This is an ugly conclusion for a great player that has given Madrid 25 years of blood, sweat and tears. Casillas was undisputed for a long time as number 1 in world football and I understand when "it's time to go" when they are no longer great, but this is no way to treat a player that has given such service to a club. I cannot imagine a Giggs,Xavi or a Maldini being booed by there own fans in addition?! Real Madrid are so ungraceful but it doesn't matter as long as they have the "best players"! :shakeshead:

Dont blame the fans or the club for it, blame it on Perez.

Co0ter

Madrid is a glass club with no substance these days. Absolutely disgraceful. How can you let a club legend leave like this. Despite how shit they're treating him he kept the press conference professional.

This just makes me even prouder to be a cule.

Home of Barca Fans