Ibrahim Afellay

Madness

Man, forget all of you guys!

Barca needs him to stay! He is the closest thing we have to a replacement for Iniesta, if he gets injured. I would keep him over Cesc any day.

It would be really stupid to sell him. Loan him or keep him.

Tito, let him play so he can shut these guys up!

F

Flavia

Man, forget all of you guys!

Barca needs him to stay! He is the closest thing we have to a replacement for Iniesta, if he gets injured. I would keep him over Cesc any day.

It would be really stupid to sell him. Loan him or keep him.

Tito, let him play so he can shut these guys up!
Closest thing to Iniesta? Nope. Cesc and Thiago are way better than afellay. He needs to go for his sake.

Madness

Closest thing to Iniesta? Nope. Cesc and Thiago are way better than afellay. He needs to go for his sake.

You are correct that Thiago is good replacement for Iniesta, but I think he is even better suited to take over for Xavi.

Cesc is definitely NOT better than Affelay in most ways. Cesc losses the ball waaaay too much, especially in dangerous areas (last week against Real Sociedad, which nearly cost us a goal). Affelay rarely losses the ball and if he does, he uses his speed to get it back immediately. Cesc can't/won't do that.

The most important difference to me is that Affelay is much more intelligent than Cesc. He just needs the chance to prove it.

But I am also hoping that Sergi Roberto gets his chance to play more. He will be waaaay better than Cesc too.

F

Flavia

You are correct that Thiago is good replacement for Iniesta, but I think he is even better suited to take over for Xavi.

Cesc is definitely NOT better than Affelay in most ways. Cesc losses the ball waaaay too much, especially in dangerous areas (last week against Real Sociedad, which nearly cost us a goal). Affelay rarely losses the ball and if he does, he uses his speed to get it back immediately. Cesc can't/won't do that.

The most important difference to me is that Affelay is much more intelligent than Cesc. He just needs the chance to prove it.

But I am also hoping that Sergi Roberto gets his chance to play more. He will be waaaay better than Cesc too.
No, again. Cesc is a world class midfielder. He's better than Afellay by a big, large margin. Afellay's not even as good as Thiago, imagine comparing to Cesc.

Madness

He's better than Afellay by a big, large margin.

Sorry man, you are crazy for that one. Affellay's technical skills are more developed than Cesc's. Plus he has more discipline and far more speed, physically and mentally.

Thiago is already better than Cesc. No doubt about that. In five years time, Thiago will probably be the best player on the team, behind Messi of course.

F

Flavia

Sorry man, you are crazy for that one. Affellay's technical skills are more developed than Cesc's. Plus he has more discipline and far more speed, physically and mentally.

Thiago is already better than Cesc. No doubt about that. In five years time, Thiago will probably be the best player on the team, behind Messi of course.
Thiago might surpass Cesc, I don't doubt it. But he hasn't yet. Afellay is faster than Cesc, but that's it. He's not better in any other way. Cesc is far superior, by a large amount. I'm not the crazy one here, I can guarantee you that.

A

Athletic

Afellay sucks, he'd be better of playing hockey. Atleast then he can keep his head down all the time.

Saying he's better than Cesc is mental.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Thiago might surpass Cesc, I don't doubt it. But he hasn't yet. Afellay is faster than Cesc, but that's it. He's not better in any other way. Cesc is far superior, by a large amount. I'm not the crazy one here, I can guarantee you that.

It's in his name dude, he is a complete mad hatter lol, although he did make a good point about Thiago but he isn't better than Cesc just yet, can't wait for him to be back training and exciting us with his flair and magic touch! (Thiago).

Kind of sucks, he would be a star in almost any other team but it just seems he struggles to adapt to the way Barca play. He always seems to be kind of scared to take on players or try and go for the killer pass.

jairzinho

From all indications looks like he's gonna leave. I wish the kid well. I guess It wasn't meant to be. Its not that he's not a good player, he's just not the type of player for our team. I wish him all the best.

Home of Barca Fans