How many national titles would you trade for 1 Champions L. ??

footyfan

Calma, calma
you should put Barcelona 4 CL and Marseille 0, because CL was introduced in 1992, with Barcelona winner while Marseille won on 1991, last edition with the old format

No, the first champions league was 1992-93, with the final in 1993 between Marseille and Milan. Barcelona won the last ever European cup in 1992

ejuventus

No, the first champions league was 1992-93, with the final in 1993 between Marseille and Milan. Barcelona won the last ever European cup in 1992

not... in 1991/92 edition there was already the format with group stage...and that means Champions L.

in any case, Marseille is to be cut from the list because they won in 1991

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
not... in 1991/92 edition there was already the format with group stage...and that means Champions L.

in any case, Marseille is to be cut from the list because they won in 1991

Marseille won in 93 by beating Milan. Marseille lost to Red Star Belgrade in 1991. I remember this as I watched Chris Waddle in the final!!

ejuventus

Marseille won in 93 by beating Milan. Marseille lost to Red Star Belgrade in 1991. I remember this as I watched Chris Waddle in the final!!

wow......sorry!....lapsus.....I wrote Marseille but I was thinking about Red Star
Of corse Marseille have got that CL !......probably biggest surprise ever, with Ac Milan having easily won all 10 matches before the Final

ejuventus

Oh, thought he meant CL titles since that's mainly what this thread is about, that's why I corrected it.

I got it , dont worry ....... you were right in correcting because I think he doesn't realize that Juve has got (unfortunately and incredibly) only 2 CL
I was just specifying the reason why he could have been wrong

Home of Barca Fans