Hector Bellerin

F

Flavia

portada-hoy-sport-1474320207057.jpg

On sport's cover again. 2 days in a row.

gasgas

We need 2 quality signings still: A world class right back, and a world class centre back. If we buy those 2, we'll be set for several years to come. In that sense, I don't think spending 40 million on one of them would be a mistake, if he really lives up to the expectations.

for what

we arent making a collection
we are making a team and that needs starters and competent backups

Not a collection of galacticos on the bench

We need backups in the mould of Alba-Digne

Vilarrubi

Unfortunately it wont be so simple. For his high price and leaving a secured starting RB position at Arsenal, no doubt one of his demands would be to be the starting RB at Barca.

I mean there is no way the guy is going to leave Arsenal if he knows that he is going to be a back-up to Roberto.

We do need a back-up, but Bellerin definitely doesn't fit in that sense.

Sorry I didn't make it clear what I meant, I was meaning Roberto has been good enough to be our starter and a decent backup is needed.

I agree we don't actually need bellerin but if we did go for him he would more than likely be a starter.

Robbie

There's no way Arsenal is selling Bellerin. He's practically a Londoner now and the fans love him, plus Wenger hasn't signed a replacement or even a back-up. Why would he sell an important first team player, in a position that has zero depth? There's no $$ amount you can put on unbalancing the squad that badly.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I cannot fathom not wanting a proper RB already. Not taking anything from Bob bc dudes been pretty much ducats so far back there but he's still out of position technically and I just don't think we can expect him to be able to tightly mark and shutdown particularly pacey wingers. We will see how he does against Carrasco this Wednesday (if Lucho goes with the 4-3-3) but I just don't think we should consider him a long term RB, particularly when he shows class in the center of the pitch.

My thing with Hector right now is I'm not sold he'd be a better defender than Vidal. I completely understand that we need fullbacks who can easily slot into midfield or overlap outside but those are secondary to actually defending well. That's why I really like Fabinho, solid on both ends of the pitch, reasonably pacey yet has height to defend against back-post crosses.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There's no way Arsenal is selling Bellerin. He's practically a Londoner now and the fans love him, plus Wenger hasn't signed a replacement or even a back-up. Why would he sell an important first team player, in a position that has zero depth? There's no $$ amount you can put on unbalancing the squad that badly.

Not even if he rejects a contract extension and we make a move next summer? Because, there is no way we're going to try to sign him if he signs a new deal.

And I thought there were rumors that Wenger might call it a day after this season? Would probably be better for Arsenal too.

God Serena

I don't care who it is, we need a quality RB. If it costs us 40m and Roberto's starting spot, so be it. Roberto's place isn't and shouldn't be at RB anyways.

With Bellerin we'd be set with a solid starter (But he's as bad as Vidal derpaderpaderpa!) and a solid backup. How can anyone really be happy with dropping points to fucking Alaves because we don't have a backup?

Robbie

Not even if he rejects a contract extension and we make a move next summer? Because, there is no way we're going to try to sign him if he signs a new deal.

And I thought there were rumors that Wenger might call it a day after this season? Would probably be better for Arsenal too.

He'll sign it, pretty much guaranteed. I'm more worried about Ozil and Alexis, who will have 1 year left soon. There were rumors that Alexis was demanding a release clause in his next extension. If we win nothing this season, those are the two we will most likely lose. Bellerin to Barca is a problem 4 years from now, when he's 25 and in his prime. Not now.

He's our lowest paid first team player, on something like 50k per week. But he's also the youngest in the first team. Wenger will double his wages and give him the #2 shirt. Then a few years from now if we don't win anything and Barca comes back, he'll have something to think about.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
If Bellerin continues to develop it is a guarantee that we will sign him at some point. But i hope we try some cheap option at RB and trust in Roberto before that.

NorthernVictory

I don't care who it is, we need a quality RB. If it costs us 40m and Roberto's starting spot, so be it. Roberto's place isn't and shouldn't be at RB anyways.

With Bellerin we'd be set with a solid starter (But he's as bad as Vidal derpaderpaderpa!) and a solid backup. How can anyone really be happy with dropping points to fucking Alaves because we don't have a backup?

Why? On what ground should Roberto NOT be a permanent RB? What if he's a fucking goddamn awesome RB? Then it would be illogical to NOT play him as an RB at that point.

BarçaBarça

I am sure this is just smokescreen, so we can sign Fabinho without too much competition.

Or should I say "I am hoping"?

Fabinho renewed until 2021 about a week ago (2019 before), so it would be pretty strange to make a smokescreen and not preventing that instead.

About Bellerin, I think he would be too expensive. He is PL-hyped and therefore would be overpriced. I hope Robert finds some under-the-radar RB-talent out there to compete with Roberto, preferably already from January.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans