Harry Kane

S7_MUFC

You think that Michu, Januzaj and Lovren looked like "world beaters"?

All three looked great, Michu was linked with Arsenal,Lovern moved to Liverpool and Janujaz had England swooning over the prospect of him picking them.

xavisionary

Kane sits somewhere been potential world beater and one season wonder. A strange grey area. He seems a cracking lad though.

S7_MUFC

Kane sits somewhere been potential world beater and one season wonder. A strange grey area. He seems a cracking lad though.
He wasn't a wonderkid who was tipped for greatness since he was 16 so it's a bit difficult not to dismiss him as a one season wonder...If his name was mentioned as next great player for ages than people would see him differently..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm gonna give Kane a chance, not comparing him to Müller, doubt he'll reach that level, but people thought the same thing about him when he was first starting.

He seems a little different from guys like Austin.

Jenks

They really, really did. See, the added emphasis means fuck all. It's my opinion against yours (mine is right though).

Not unless you're using a really bizarre definition of 'world beater'. Januzaj really set the world alight with his four goal season...

S7_MUFC

Not unless you're using a really bizarre definition of 'world beater'. Januzaj really set the world alight with his four goal season...
Did you completely miss the whole media frenzy over Janujaz? As a United fan I can definitely say that most of our attacks went trough him and RVP was saying that he's the best young player he's seen and there were even comparisons with Ronaldo..

Last edited:

Darko

He's going to be a top player, you can see it in the way he plays and his attitude.
That being said he'll never have the passing and dribbling for a Barca forward, but he could do wonders for a team needing a pure goalscorer.

Jenks

Did you completely missed the whole media frenzy over Janujaz? As a United fan I can definitely say that most of our attacks went trough him and RVP was saying that he's the best young player he's seen and there were even comparisons with Ronaldo..

There are young players that get hype every season, that's hardly the same as them looking like world beaters. Trying to compare the season Januzaj had to the one Kane has just had is absolutely ridiculous.

S7_MUFC

There are young players that get hype every season, that's hardly the same as them looking like world beaters. Trying to compare the season Januzaj had to the one Kane has just had is absolutely ridiculous.

Janujaz wasn't just some young kid in the team that season, he was our go to player when Rooney was injured and whenever we had the ball our players looked for...It's unfair to compare his season to Kane's but I've seen too many strikers have terrific season and completely disappear the next season. Off the top of my head I can think of Kevin Phillips,Roque Santa Cruz,Benny Mccarthy,Andy Jhonson etc.....Kane has some terrific attributes that point to him being the real deal but paying 40 million for him would be stupid move from us..

Unbiased United

Janujaz wasn't just some young kid in the team that season, he was our go to player when Rooney was injured and whenever we had the ball our players looked for...It's unfair to compare his season to Kane's but I've seen too many strikers have terrific season and completely disappear the next season. Off the top of my head I can think of Kevin Phillips,Roque Santa Cruz,Benny Mccarthy,Andy Jhonson etc.....Kane has some terrific attributes that point to him being the real deal but paying 40 million for him would be stupid move from us..

Exactly this. No point me beating the drum anymore.

Jenks

Because it's stupid. I've never said that Kane is going to be great or that he's worth £40m, only that these one-season-wonders are actually very rare. You have to go back 10+ years for the players you're talking about, and even then a couple are debatable. It's far more common that a 21 year old has an amazing season because, you know, they're a good player, than by some sort of fluke.

Home of Barca Fans