Gini Wijnaldum

Laplacian

Now keep paying attention to Delay in Lyon and NT, and see if you still want him at Barcelona.

Weird people hyping up transfers before actually watching the players in question.

Vilarrubi

Struggling to see why we should sign a soon-to-be 31 year old player dependent on his physical attributes for a high salary and long contract. Won't be long before he loses or at least should lose his NT spot to Gravenberch.

He's not going to come Barca for a discount salary and short 2-3 year contract.

Smells like Arda Turan all over again. A player who will lose all his juice soon.

Yeah, he’s definitely an upgrade over Pjanic etc but for reasons you stated we should stick with Ilaix and others.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Now keep paying attention to Delay in Lyon and NT, and see if you still want him at Barcelona.

Weird people hyping up transfers before actually watching the players in question.

Yeah, starting back out from that thought too, although I was only in favour of Depay if Haaland or a World Class striker was signed together with him.

Memphis is not good enough to start for Barca and Koeman is probably planning a starting role for him.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Players like Depay and Wijnaldum have become really interesting and are realistic transfer options because of our debt situation. It is understandable we are linked to players whose contracts run out in summer.
And it is not like they are bums.
But I think in the upcoming summer the situation will be different from last year. Last August Koeman desperately needed a striker and it was not even clear if Messi would stay.
Now we have a stable squad that has improved during the season, a couple of youngsters are playing unexpectedly great and Messi will likely stay. We have less holes to fill and could focus more on certain players.

malvolio

Players like Depay and Wijnaldum have become really interesting and are realistic transfer options because of our debt situation. It is understandable we are linked to players whose contracts run out in summer.
And it is not like they are bums.

debatable

alaba or aguero are proven at the very top. and both reached world class status at some point in their careers. they didn't fail at big clubs or got relegated ever.

can't say the same for depay or wijnaldum.

Vilarrubi

Wants 8m salary for 3 seasons apparently. Big no from me.

Can’t be a retirement home for players wanting their last big contract while they decline like Vidal etc while taking minutes off younger players. Let’s hope Laporta is smart enough to avoids deals like this.

Rory

Can’t be a retirement home for players wanting their last big contract while they decline like Vidal etc while taking minutes off younger players. Let’s hope Laporta is smart enough to avoids deals like this.

I feel like 8m a year is really fair given his last 3 years of football, current age and length of contract. Less than Sergie Roberto earns, far less than Frenkie is on. 24m over 3 years for a decent player is good value imo, I'm surprised it's not seen as that.

Vilarrubi

I feel like 8m a year is really fair given his last 3 years of football, current age and length of contract. Less than Sergie Roberto earns, far less than Frenkie is on. 24m over 3 years for a decent player is good value imo, I'm surprised it's not seen as that.

He’s on just over 5m currently and can’t see him staying at his Liverpool level for the full 3 years. Also that’s more of an indication that our previous clown board have overpaid players than anything.

Birdy

It's fair if he is gonna be a starter and a basic piece of the Koeman project.
Plus, he is a player who almost never gets injuries, and always delivers in important games.

As people said, let's reduce Roberto's 10m first, and Griezman's insane 35 m net first, and then we can start saying 8m is too much for Winaldum

serghei

No way. 5 in 3 would be decent.

8 net in 3 years is basically costing the club 45m. That's without any possible signing-on bonus.

Last edited:

Messi983

It's fair if he is gonna be a starter and a basic piece of the Koeman project.
Plus, he is a player who almost never gets injuries, and always delivers in important games.

As people said, let's reduce Roberto's 10m first, and Griezman's insane 35 m net first, and then we can start saying 8m is too much for Winaldum

Griezmann's not on 35m net.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Griezmann's salary at Atletico was reportedly 24m net and his wages for Barca are supposed to be only 2-3m less.

Home of Barca Fans