Gerardo "Tata" Martino

L

LaMasia

Ugh...Where to start honestly? Don't think he is to blamed for everything but, heads must roll (coach and board). We are in free fall, that much is clear. Still, with manager like Klopp maybe things would've been different. Maybe Messi would smile, laugh and cry instead of being indifferent. Maybe our midfield would weight every pass like they did couple years ago instead of having that many misplaced passes, maybe we would assert our mental and football dominance instead letting Atleti do it, maybe...maybe...Huh, seriously gutted by performance.

We need new coach and new style of play, seriously. Tika Taka is all good and great but its not end all be all, we need to innovate, maybe meet two styles at half way? Alot of running and explosiveness when defense hasn't been formed (tika taka mixed with direct play of dortmund). We need someone to re light the fire, because I can see Messi being new Ronaldinho and I would hate it to be him, but ever since he got Tiago, him and his gf (obviously) took alot his attention.

Messi is special player, one that is born every hundred years. Better then anyone who ever laced football shoes, but in his head, he is no Jordan or Ali. Someone NEEDS to light him up, give him something to beat because in his mind he has beaten it all, yet he hasn't, not even close.

I have gone lengths and this post doesn't even belong here anymore but what the hell...its been terrible day, hopefully we get back on track and win CDR and LaLiga.

Kerrybai

I'll say this... passion often trumps logic. Desire and heart often overcome individually superior teams. What Barca need is someone like Simeone. Tata failed to get the team fired up it seems.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The most imp thing we need right now in our new manager in order of importance

1. Gigantic balls who can kick our players asses, doesn't give two shits about the catalan press bemoaning their beloved Tiki Taka and not afraid to make big changes. The kind of guy who is not afraid to take off Messi and sell Cesc in a heartbeat.
2. Knows how to organize the team defensively especially in big matches
3. Is not one dimensional and can vary tactics and doesn't just put in the big names in the lineup.

I dont think Luis Enrique fits the bill. Guys like Rudi Garcia, Roberto martinez, Frank de Boer etc. come to mind. There are others which are impossible like Klopp, Simeone, Mourinho etc.

I agree with you, we need figure with authority and wits to run the team...

Last edited:

Chong Li

Our problems extend way beyond Tata. But as usual, we fail to see that.

Tata, Zubi, Bartomeu and all of Rosell's cronies need to go.

Unfortunately the board can't be sacked right away, but Tata and Zubi MUST be fired!

I honestly start to feel that it might be better we don't win anything this season and then MAYBE the vote of no confidence will happen in the summer. If the price for this is a trophyless season, I could accept it.

mazp

Out please. Lost me, when he publicly said he doesn't read games very well. Then his post match comments...

flamenco

with intelligent new signings maybe Tata could carry on succesfully. Tonight though, one of the biggest mistake was to play Messi on the right with Cesc as false 9. Many times this has proven not to work as Messi can't be his best.
Tata's excuse? It was to protect Messi from the rough Atletico players' style :messi:

Darko

Didn't he say he has failed if we don't reach the semis?
For me, today he looked like he expecting to lose...

Devils

Tata Martino said:
"At certain points, we couldn't do the things we wanted because of how our opponents played."

This sums up Tata's time at Barca for me. Did this clown really expect Atletico to let us play the way that was rehearsed on the training ground?

This is Barcelona, we attack our opponent, grab them by the neck, rip their heads off and leave them massacred on the pitch. We TAKE what we want, regardless of what our opposition does.

This guy is definitely not suited for the future of our club. He's just out of his depth.

Egert

Estonian Culé
We need him out this summer. We need someone like Pep... But I hope that Luis Enrique wont come after we dismiss Tata.....

Djab

We need him out this summer. We need someone like Pep... But I hope that Luis Enrique wont come after we dismiss Tata.....

We need Pep. No one else can solve the problem. Now go get him. Oh wait...

Fuck you Rosell.

Home of Barca Fans