Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Kerrybai

It's understandble that some people have not warmed to Tata. Pep is a footballing genius who had us playing a style of football that will be remembered for decades, but football is always evolving and if you don't evolve with it you will be found out. Mou finally figured out how to beat us in Pep's last season and ever since we have struggled against Madrid. Tata is introducing new ideas and is developing us into a far more pragmatic side. We have become a counter attacking beast and it suits us as we have great counter attacking players, however he hasn't erased our possession game or removed everything we learned from the Pep era, instead he is making us into a team with several weapons who can interchange between styles through out a game... It's easy to see why people feel the team doesn't play with an identity as we hitting our opponents with several tools instead of using the same tactical play.

Tata is trying to mould us into a fully functional tactical beast who at times, defend deep, counter attack, play with possession etc.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Tell me how many teams except us can hold down at least 60% possession as a norm, launch deadly counter attacks and change formation without using any substitution any given time in a single game that's what Tata has made us unpredictable something we dearly lacked the past 2 seasons when we had only the first thing on that list not to mention Tata has also installed a defensive system at the back which we had all but lost making sure we don't have mini heart attacks whenever the ball is lost bar set pieces and for the first time since I can remember none of our players have been overplayed as much as injury have allowed that is so all in all Tata has given the team a much needed boost and all this is without signing even a single player for himself

Agri

ari3_2.gif

ammarfcb

ze special one
this is the plan b you all wanted. pointless long balls and no dominance in the midfield, extra wingers overlapping without purpose hogging the touchline; all it lacks is the shots.
except now its our plan A.

the sooner the media fully turn on tata, and realize he's just an excuse for rosell to get a yes man who would save him money on not buying, the better.horrendous tactican, terrible coach and no european experience at all.

amist all the blaming posts that will pop up in the next 24 hours in every barca thread to every player, i will say this, i blame non of our players, i maintain we have the best squad in europe - this man and the board are the ones to blame and tbf i'd blame the board more than tata because if a was a shit manager of a Argentine team i wouldn't be able to say no to barca saying they want me as a yes man.

Last edited:
L

linetty

How is that Tata's fault that our defense was a joke today? Nothing he could do about it. It was not expected, as Masche-Pique was on fire lately. Also, Valdes mainly fucked up IMO.

ammarfcb

ze special one
stfu about tata. what the hell could he have done? players on the pitch are a disgrace

players his responsible for. players he instructs. never has it been our wingers instinct to grab the touchline by the balls and never step foot out of it, never has it been busquets idea to play pointless long balls to the winger only to see him lose it because of the ease of defending the situation.

spark

We had a 6 point advantage over Madrid now if they win it will be us trailing by 2 points. And it happened in just a couple weeks. The season is long and we can obviously get back first place if a few results swing our way but I don't feel Tata gets that this is a 100point league. The points we left in Levante and Bilbao are what has put us in this position. There really is no margin for error and now we might need to win the league on head to head if at all. Yet people were meh about our title last year as if we are the ones with 32 leagues and it's a run of the mill achievement.

BarcaGirl

I can't believe some people are seriously blaming Tata for this loss. Are you fucking kidding me? It's not his fault, that our defence and Valdes screwed up today.

Get a grip!

ammarfcb

ze special one
the results aren't what worries me. our ideas going forward and ability to make the pitch smaller in defence is disastrous. with all due respect the majority of la liga managers don't hold a candle to the likes of pep that await you in the cl,not mention the squads they have. if you can't show superiority to la liga teams in the way you play, even in defeat. then you might as well forfeit la liga.

once you get a winning formula with barca you don't keep it for long because managers spot it. the changes don't have to be drastic. simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, maybe just keep ball in the midfield for an extra 2 seconds to get any movement in the opponent, make the weakness obvious before you decide to go for the risky ball.

mazp

He should have pushed for a CB and a striker in this window. By all accounts he was happy with the squad. He must be held accountable as well. If he doesn't win a trophy this season he's gone.

F

Flavia

Martino: "Before the starting press conference, my condolences to the family of Luis Aragones, it's a big loss for the world of football."

Martino: "Looking at the first 30 minutes, it can't be explained how the game changed after that. We were another team in the second half."

Martino: "I said before the game that you pay dearly for every mistake from now on, and we made several mistakes today."

Martino: "What did I tell players? That this isn't over, we shouldn't give up, that we might be behind after this round, but we'll fight."

Martino: "We have to rise to the occasion now. This should hurt today, but it shouldn't have an influence on the future."

Martino: "When you can finish off the opponent, you should do it, you shouldn't give them chances. Today we did it and Valencia took them."

People blaming Tata... Well, he could have tried alexis in front of messi, or something. Messi was being matked by 5 players, and pedro and alexis were of little use today.
But this team has played like this under pep and tito too... I don't think it's just the coach, it's also because barça is lacking a lot of thing in this transitioning. All the forwards have the same profile, we need some different sometimes. Also a cb.

ammarfcb

ze special one
workingclassclubtalk/10. 'don't give up guuys, fight rise to the ocassion' HUR DUR HUR DHUR. bullshit.

further proof this guy is a coach that went a step too far and not a manager who has anything to do with playing the game right according to metres. telling players what to do without showing them how its done.

Home of Barca Fans