Gerardo Martino, new coach of FC Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

People really use "swag" in a serious conversation? I mean, not to mock with it?

Everyone hates this word but uses it in almost every sentence to show other people how annoying it is. :lol:

F

Flavia

f0819k.jpg

According to MD, Rubi and Paolorrosso will be the assistants. And it also says he only asked for one cb.

ebc_99

I think we need 2 CB but Tata has been watching Barca for years and if he thinks we only need 1 CB then maybe he is right, he knows more about football than I do.

Stric

We'd only need 2 if we were completely counting out Puyol and Bartra. And I mean completely. Or if we were to scratch Mascherano as CB for good. But if we're not, then we'll be OK with only one. Puyol is in recovery but he'll probably be back when the season starts heating up. Bartra is there when we need him. We can use these two from time to time. Hell, if we could count on Puyol and Bartra regularly, then we wouldn't even need a CB for numbers' sake, only for quality. But that's what matters... anyway, unless we're counting out Masch, Puyol and Bartra, we don't really need to buy 2.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
We should be counting out Mascherano as a CB and only use him there as an emergency. It's a failed experiment, it's just not his natural position.

I personally think a double-pivot of Busquets and Mascherano could be brilliant against a side like Bayern Munich though.

If he's bringing in Vergini w/ him, we still have the money to get a veteran defender like Agger.

Stric

If we're moving Mascherano out of the defense and aren't switching to a double-pivot, then we don't need him. Every change requires another change to be done.

Shegzy

I think we need 2 CB but Tata has been watching Barca for years and if he thinks we only need 1 CB then maybe he is right, he knows more about football than I do.

he thinks we need one because he is counting mascherano and puyol as cb options;with pique he think we already have 3 experienced cb but he has forgotten masch is short,puyol is old and injury prone,pique is inconsistent,we don't have any outstanding cb so buying 2 cb is the ideal situation and moving masch to dm or selling him .if we get 2 cb,if puyol is fit he can play as a defensive rb. And i as a person i don't really care if we get vergini and a younger cb or a veteran as long as they would improve our defence and i think we should cash in on alves when we can still get a good price or risk selling him for peanuts.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
If we're moving Mascherano out of the defense and aren't switching to a double-pivot, then we don't need him. Every change requires another change to be done.

Changes need to be done. We can't keep on trying the same thing and expecting a different result.

Mascherano just got beat for a header yesterday. He's no good through the air, his positioning for a CB is atrocious, and the way he commits to his tackles are just suicidal for a CB. He's still a solid DM though, that's where he still plays for Argentina. We are not playing him where we can get the most out of him IMO.

If he goes back to DM, then there's no need for Song and his high salary. We could definitely bring in 2 defenders then but we could bring in 2 new defenders even if we don't sell Song.

Changes need to be made on the defensive end, no question about it. I really hope Tata sees this as one of his biggest priorities in the next month or so.

We can't really count on Puyol anymore.

Shegzy

What people don't realise is that we don't need backups that will can only be used agaimst 70% of laliga teams,we need backups that can step up and perform to the same level or perform better than the person they are replacing in the first 11, whether it is laliga or in a champions league final and so if mascherano cannot play as cb against big teams he should not be considered as a back-up cb.our second 11 are just too average or poor,look at bayern in the first league against us,mandzukic was suspended,kroos injured,badstubber injured and they could still field a strong 11,madrid and chelsea can do the same,but just imagined if it had been us;messi suspended,pique injured,iniesta also injured;our team would have been poor and seriously lacking in quality.

Antimadridista1

----------------------- Valdes/Pinto ---------------------------
Alves/Montoya - Pique/New CB - Puyol/Mascherano - Alba/Adriano
----------- Busquets/Sergi.R -- Song/Mascherano --------------
----- Fabregas/Xavi ----------------------- Iniesta/ ? ----------
------------- Messi/Alexis --------- Neymar/Tello ---------------

I think that this should be the starting eleven next season, with Song playing as a less defensive midfielder than Busi (kind of Yaya Toure, you know).
At least, I wish that Tata will make this double-pivot work.

Shegzy

----------------------- Valdes/Pinto ---------------------------
Alves/Montoya - Pique/New CB - Puyol/Mascherano - Alba/Adriano
----------- Busquets/Sergi.R -- Song/Mascherano --------------
----- Fabregas/Xavi ----------------------- Iniesta/ ? ----------
------------- Messi/Alexis --------- Neymar/Tello ---------------

I think that this should be the starting eleven next season, with Song playing as a less defensive midfielder than Busi (kind of Yaya Toure, you know).
At least, I wish that Tata will make this double-pivot work.

mascherano should never be used as a cb again not as a backup talkless of a starter but in your line up u put pique/new cb,puyol/mascherano.since puyol is old and injiry prone,this means mascherano will start a lot of matches and will probably partner with pique;with alves and alba as full back;this way nothing has changed it is still the same defense pairing of alves,pique,masch,alba.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
According to MD, Rubi and Paolorrosso will be the assistants. And it also says he only asked for one cb.

Great!! Rubi really deserve it!! They will do a great job together, I hope so!! :) :) :barca scarf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans