Gerard Deulofeu

FinBarcelonafan

frustrating to see him always burnt out by the 65th minute... his lungs are made of paper

He is working very hard. No wonder he is burnt out by 65 min. Those spurts he takes are crazy and he always fights till the end if he looses ball. Excellent goal yesterday. He can be frustrating to watch, but he certainly has talent. It's Barcelona coaches job to make him play smarter. If he could play smarter with his last passes or decisions, he could be very good.. Starter level.

M

MessiCam

He is working very hard. No wonder he is burnt out by 65 min. Those spurts he takes are crazy and he always fights till the end if he looses ball. Excellent goal yesterday. He can be frustrating to watch, but he certainly has talent. It's Barcelona coaches job to make him play smarter. If he could play smarter with his last passes or decisions, he could be very good.. Starter level.
One thing is certain though, if he doesn’t learn from Messi he never will.

It’s crazy because the talent is there for all to see. It’s like he gets too excited when on the ball. He needs to calm down a bit. I’d like to see more of him on the LW though because then he wouldn’t be forced to drive to the byline for his customary poor crosses.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The thing is that he is a very good crosser. We have only one player in the box though so his crosses are mostly wasted. Nevertheless, we have already scored at least 4 goals from his crosses this season.

JerseyAddict

From my perspective, he is doing really good. Runs like hell, makes bursts on the flank, cross to Paco was pure perfection, that loop that ball made, his own goal was great too. For such games, he is what we need. For bigger games, as people said, he will either learn or he will be benched.

Adversus

I think he had already improved a lot since he joined.

Windhook

Murcia are no match and Gerard should take all the praise in media with a pinch of salt. It was a wonder goal, but the fact he didn't celebrate it speaks well enough about the opponent. Also he lost the ball many times attempting dribbles in the first half.

I said it the other day, he is improving, but the area he needs much more improvement is the teamwork. I don't want to see him turn into another CR7.

Nothanks

It's frustrating because we have many hard workers that can last 90+ minutes, Sergi Roberto for example has ran all game long as rightback.. had one of the highest distance ran per game last season and still produced tireless runs in the 88th+ minutes (i.e the real madrid game where messi scored his 500th)

Deulofeu doesn't have good stamina compared to others in the team, I'm aware he's trying his best and he in my opinion has to work really hard to even be considered starting material
if he "played smarter" like messi to conserve energy he just would be deadweight, we need a hard working winger next to messi.

For now he is a perfect dembele substitute.

God Serena

It's frustrating because we have many hard workers that can last 90+ minutes, Sergi Roberto for example has ran all game long as rightback.. had one of the highest distance ran per game last season and still produced tireless runs in the 88th+ minutes (i.e the real madrid game where messi scored his 500th)

Deulofeu doesn't have good stamina compared to others in the team, I'm aware he's trying his best and he in my opinion has to work really hard to even be considered starting material
if he "played smarter" like messi to conserve energy he just would be deadweight, we need a hard working winger next to messi.

For now he is a perfect dembele substitute.

In most areas of the game, comparing anyone to Roberto doesn't really seem fair, tbh. Whether it be his runs, his stamina, his versatility, his patience, his rise up the ranks... you name it. Yeah Deu's stamina isn't the best but considering he puts in more defensive work than any of our other forwards by far I think it's okay if he peters himself out in the 60-70th minute. My main problem with him now is his extreme lack of diversity when attacking. Yeah he's fast and he's skilled but when the defender knows which way you're going they've already won half the battle.

Nothanks

In most areas of the game, comparing anyone to Roberto doesn't really seem fair, tbh. Whether it be his runs, his stamina, his versatility, his patience, his rise up the ranks... you name it. Yeah Deu's stamina isn't the best but considering he puts in more defensive work than any of our other forwards by far I think it's okay if he peters himself out in the 60-70th minute. My main problem with him now is his extreme lack of diversity when attacking. Yeah he's fast and he's skilled but when the defender knows which way you're going they've already won half the battle.

Well, believe it or not Neymar tracked a lot last season, maybe not ot the extent of deulofeu but he managed to play 2 90 minute games a week
alba, busquets do this too...

deulofeu is getting subbed consitantly at 60-70th minute like a 33 year old iniesta.. except he is 10 years younger

he's good for his work ethic but its bad because it's a slight liability because he gets burnt out
too many issues with a squad player honestly i hope he works on it, maybe a new workout regime, diet who knows

(mind you im magnifying a problem that i just noticed)

M

MessiCam

Well, believe it or not Neymar tracked a lot last season, maybe not ot the extent of deulofeu but he managed to play 2 90 minute games a week
alba, busquets do this too...

deulofeu is getting subbed consitantly at 60-70th minute like a 33 year old iniesta.. except he is 10 years younger

he's good for his work ethic but its bad because it's a slight liability because he gets burnt out
too many issues with a squad player honestly i hope he works on it, maybe a new workout regime, diet who knows

(mind you im magnifying a problem that i just noticed)
According to some stories Valverde is very focussed on fitness. Someone got a peek at the training drills during the international break.

M

MessiCam

Nothing about last nights match? He can't dribble.

I like him but he's inconsistent, has one move and a penchant for poor crosses. Maybe try him out on the left for a few games to see if he can cause some issues by cutting in instead of driving to the byline at every opportunity. Him and Semedo not clicking either. Only positive is that Messi sees him as a passing option now, in the early games Messi would look for other options.

Home of Barca Fans