Gerard Deulofeu

Toecrusher

I'm a bit torn on this one...

Was really excited to see what Duelo could offer this season, but its likely he would get Tello minutes with Rafinha also competing for his spot, and in that sense, he needs to be playing week in week out at this age to develop (which he has a lot of to do).

Plus with Munir being a B-teamer who can fill in for Deulo's minutes plus play B-team games in between, it works out positive for his development as well.

So in terms of a pure development angle for our 3 most promising youngsters (Deulo, Munir and Rafinha), this seems to be the best solution.

I trust Lucho in terms of spotting and developing talent. Remember Iago Falque, the supposed superstar who Lucho cut and everyone wondered why?? Well he hasn't amounted to much, so I'd trust Lucho's eye and judgement.

Also remember that Pep publicly criticised Deulo as requiring a lot more mental development in his last year as well, so its not a Lucho only thing.

Hopefully this works out best for everyone concerned, but must admit the excitement with Deulo gone is a little diminished.

Busi-Messi Barca

A bit disappointed but I guess he is better off playing regularly than sitting on the bench. He might have played until Suarez is available but after that probably not much.

serghei

With Deulofeu loaned, Suarez suspended, Pedro off form and Neymar maybe not yet ready, we can always play this:

1072454_FC_Barcelona.jpg

or this (with Neymar fit and Rakitic as a sub):

1072457_FC_Barcelona.jpg

L

linetty

Sevilla will have to pay Barcelona a penalty if Deulofeu doesn't play. The winger joins Sevilla on a one-year loan without buy option. [ser]

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
'Gerard Deulofeu was wasted last year. They tried to kill his flair and vision. That won't happen at Seville.'-Lucho. [Marca]

Explains why he asked for him to return from Everton.

DinhoR10

'Gerard Deulofeu was wasted last year. They tried to kill his flair and vision. That won't happen at Seville.'-Lucho. [Marca]

Explains why he asked for him to return from Everton.

Well atleast it sounds like he still has hope for him and this is not a gtfo kind of loan.

ebieymjunior

Shots fired at Roberto Martinez. No chance of us loaning more players to Everton while Lucho is at the helm.

Yep, and explains a lot to be honest.

To the mods: Can't the players that are loaned out be placed in the sticky threads in "Player Chat" instead of "Other Players" for the sake of them still technically being Barca players?

Alarcón

To the mods: Can't the players that are loaned out be placed in the sticky threads in "Player Chat" instead of "Other Players" for the sake of them still technically being Barca players?

I agree, would make more sense in my opinion

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I've heard the quote is false.

I only like loaning out Deulofeu IF the club is able to land Cuadrado, if not then it leaves the club thin depth-wise. The kid Munir really outplayed him though in the preseason friendlies.

Busi-Messi Barca

Yeah it would be less confusing + you have loaned in the thread title anyway?

Home of Barca Fans