Frank Lampard

Jenks

272 - Only Alan Shearer (324) had been involved in more @PremierLeague goals (scored & assisted) than Frank Lampard. Delivery.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
And so the legend leaves. Thank you Frank! He copped a lot of unwarranted stick during his career, but good on him to just ignore it all and keep doing what he did best. A true professional.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Frank Lampard's New York City FC move slammed by fans after Chelsea stars' boozy 9/11 shame

The former Chelsea midfielder's move to Manchester City's new MLS franchise has been criticised by some US fans who remember the Chelsea team's drunken antics

It follows the former Chelsea midfielder’s insensitivity in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Lampard was one of four Blues stars to have taken part in a drinking binge in a UK hotel packed with US tourists just 24 hours after two planes flew into the World Trade Center in 2001.

The unsavoury incident included stripping, swearing and vomiting. Now angry fans have hit out on the New York club’s online fan forum.

One supporter, named Midas Mulligan, said: “If this dirt bag is actually signed, it really p***** me off.”

While another fan, Yankeedom, said: “If he made some sort of donation to a 9/11 charity, then I could forgive him. But I will never forget what he did.”
Wow they actually remember that kinda shit? The world doesn't revolve around your country and its tragedies, if he was drinking that night then he was drinking, get over it.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
ESPN reporting Lampard move to New York City FC is done. Villa+Lampard should be interesting. Xavi might also go there next season.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

slim boogy

Wow they actually remember that kinda shit? The world doesn't revolve around your country and its tragedies, if he was drinking that night then he was drinking, get over it.

Of course they would. If we had a similar tragedy in London please believe fans would remember.

Being drunk is never an excuse tbh

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So what they got drunk around and took pictures at a place where they were near a bunch of US people, big shit.

slim boogy

So what they got drunk around and took pictures at a place where they were near a bunch of US people, big shit.

It was worse then that. I'm sure they abused them as well. Tbh we can only speak if we were in the situation were we lost friends and family and had some foreigners chatting crap in our face. I highly doubt you would say big deal then.

Always easier when not in the situation or directly involved.

Jenks

Of course they would. If we had a similar tragedy in London please believe fans would remember.

Remember? It wouldn't even be a story in the first place. I was getting 7/7 jokes texted to me a matter of hours after it happened, everyone just carried on as normal. It's not like he was even in the US at the time, he was in a British hotel!

slim boogy

Remember? It wouldn't even be a story in the first place. I was getting 7/7 jokes texted to me a matter of hours after it happened, everyone just carried on as normal. It's not like he was even in the US at the time, he was in a British hotel!

Was it? Fair dues either way i wouldn't joke about it to the ppl who were affected by it.

7/7 as bad as it was was on a completely different scale to 9/11.

Jenks

The bit about him joking about it seems to have been tabloid gossip. For all the upset it supposedly caused there were no witnesses that said he mocked them. They were all just loud and drunk and not giving a shit.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah, they didn't do anything wrong they were just carrying on and getting drunk in the presence of Americans in London. They made a big deal out of nothing. Anyway, he's signed up so they can't do anything about it. If he scores bundles of goals they won't care.

Home of Barca Fans