Franck Kessie

Raketa10

Unfortunately, we are stacked in midfield. If Juve are covering his wages it does give us more movement in the transfer market, in terms of registering players. Personally, I would have liked to see him stay for another season but now that we have bought the ancient German, I can't see Xavi keeping him.
I agree that we are stacked in midfield. However, we should sell him for some fixed fee and make some money. If we loan him out he will return next summer and we'll have Lenglet 2.0 case. This is not the way to go.

JamDav1982

Folk are in cloud cuckoo land if think there are teams that would be willing to pay a lot more for Kessie out there but are just deciding not to due to Tebas rules and let him go to Juve for 15n odd.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I agree that we are stacked in midfield. However, we should sell him for some fixed fee and make some money. If we loan him out he will return next summer and we'll have Lenglet 2.0 case. This is not the way to go.
The market dictates though (like Lenglet). If nobody wants to buy him outright and we are not going to play him, then we need to get him off the wage bill as a minimum.

khaled_a_d

Is it a buy option or mandatory option? or buy option that can turn into mandatory if certain clauses are met.
I would take a mandatory option as a win, otherwise we are losing this negotiations.

Porque

Blame the guys who take levers, sign a player on a free, and then need to sell him a year later to pay off the drop in revenue from the levers to make cap.

I mean blame them (and Thebes of course) if anyone.

Reactions: BJJ

iniestaGOAT

Blame the guys who take levers, sign a player on a free, and then need to sell him a year later to pay off the drop in revenue from the levers to make cap.

I mean blame them (and Thebes of course) if anyone.

The players you are able to sign for free are generally dump

And you should def sell that dump the next year instead of letting him go for free

Its called good business

Porque

The players you are able to sign for free are generally dump

And you should def sell that dump the next year instead of letting him go for free

Its called good business

Nah, we just have little to no leverage to sell in the market with financial and cap issues.

Runs throughout the club. Add to that high wages which reduces buying club pool.

Meanwhile Almeria somehow sell Bilal Toure for €28m fixed fee + €3m add + 15% sell-on clause to Almería. If Barca were Atalanta we would have to sell Hojlund (for example) and only then be able to buy Bilal Toure for 4:1 of the sale fee + cap space created. At that point Bilal Toure is probably gone someone else while we sell Hojlund less than market potential.

JamDav1982

Not many clubs seem to want him. If they did the price would be driven up. There is no chance clubs who would pay 30m odd for Kessie are just refusing to bid higher than 15m due to La Liga rules and willing to let him go elsewhere.

Makes no sense and not how it works.

Home of Barca Fans