Franck Kessie

Porque

Effectively our 5th midfielder considering the setup. So yeah, we definitely need guys of his level in the squad over a long season and three competitions.

Like Raphinha, only a run in the side is going to give a chance to prove himself. Now Xavi has found a setup that works, hopefully it can be built out long term and if Busi is injured Kessie has a few games in a row to show himself.

Not going to dig up the minute stats, but while we always had a quality drop when Keita went in the 11 way back when, but it was invaluable having that rotation assurance. Kessie is that right now.

Now, I do reckon with a mid quartet interchanging that Kamada would be a great fit. So not a necessary market move, but would entertain a solid transfer fee for Kessie with Daichi in if the opportunity presented well. Kessie can start in alot of decent teams and offer more.

Messi983

Effectively our 5th midfielder considering the setup. So yeah, we definitely need guys of his level in the squad over a long season and three competitions.

Like Raphinha, only a run in the side is going to give a chance to prove himself. Now Xavi has found a setup that works, hopefully it can be built out long term and if Busi is injured Kessie has a few games in a row to show himself.

Not going to dig up the minute stats, but while we always had a quality drop when Keita went in the 11 way back when, but it was invaluable having that rotation assurance. Kessie is that right now.

Now, I do reckon with a mid quartet interchanging that Kamada would be a great fit. So not a necessary market move, but would entertain a solid transfer fee for Kessie with Daichi in if the opportunity presented well. Kessie can start in alot of decent teams and offer more.

Could argue that if we'll continue to play this system then we need Kessie AND Kamada (or another cheap midfielder). Can't regularly play 4 midfielders and have only one option on the bench.

I know we will get Nico back but how much would he really add to the team? Looks like his loan at Valencia will be a waste, first couldn't really establish himself to get enough minutes and now also injured.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

His chance to shine. Curious how he performs in Europe. Usually we lacked physicality, he should help.

Great assist yesterday

JamDav1982

Against Man Utd put him up against Casimero and see who wins that physical battle.

Leave Pedri/FDJ deeper to try and control ball and keep eye on Bruno.

Man Utd are missing Eriksen/Sabitzer/McTominay in midfield and Martinez at CB in first leg. Go out and try to kill them with ball and stop Casimero trying his hard man bit with Kessie.

Birdy

Xavi retreated Pedri next to FDJ once Kessie came in.

Given that SEvilla was parking a bus, it was a right move as we needed Pedri's intelligence on the ball to find the right passes and lanes to break the bus

Against UTD, it would be a wrong move IMO, unless UTD parks a bus as well
I would play Kessie together with FDJ in the double pivot, and have Pedri right there where he played against Madrid

JamDav1982

No he didnt.

Xavi changed it at half time and dropped Pedri deeper then.

In first half Pedri was terrible and giving away ball too much and Kessie cant play that fluid deeper role the way Pedri and FDJ can.

Pedri went deeper and Raphinha came in narrower from the wing.

Was more or less a 4231 with AMs out wide in Gavi and Raphinha and Xavi asking Kounde to take more width.

FinBarcelonafan

I expect United to park the bus and counter at camp nou. Tough to see them having tons of possession. Our press is hard to break currently.

JamDav1982

I expect United to park the bus and counter at camp nou. Tough to see them having tons of possession. Our press is hard to break currently.

100% they wont take Barca on in keeping the ball.

Casimero is not great on ball constistently, Fred is average on ball and Bruno is all or nothing type not one to ask to keep ball.

They will probably go Casimero and Fred DMs with Bruno and Rashford the ones they try to find asap when break.

Barca mid should dominate that.. just need to be wary going other way and that will be on Araujo to try and slow down Rashford.

vuji_31

Ofc they will.

They are only good on counter attacks, if we prevent them we will win.

Raahford is scoring like crazy, if he does not score, they will not even score, maybe ugly Bruno can score from penalty .

JamDav1982

Nico could get a chance in the squad if this is the planned formation.

He was much better last season when given freedom in midfield and before Xavi came in with more rigid midfield three.

Could be back up on that deeper role maybe.

Kessie I think will go if decent offers come in as he would be pur profit on a back up player but on him to try and make it difficult for club to sell him.

khaled_a_d

I know we will get Nico back but how much would he really add to the team? Looks like his loan at Valencia will be a waste, first couldn't really establish himself to get enough minutes and now also injured.

Nico was getting enough minutes in a team with stacked midfield tbh, at least by Liga standards.
Injury has ruined his season though, could have been a valuable season for him like Abde.
Overall I would take him back if we don't renew Busquets, hopefully, and put all our resources in signing a DM.

PhilS

Pedri has been looking tired for a while now, needs to not play every single game. Until Busquets comes back, we'll be seeing not only Kessie, but also the next-up midfielder. I hope Xavi continues his winning strategy, play the best available players regardless of what position they normally play. I hope to see Alba or Balde play in midfield. Got to play them both on the left side at the same time (with Gavi), because they are playing great. They are game-winners.

Home of Barca Fans