Florentino Perez

Morten

Perez and Laporta are very impressive. Very excited to see what they are going to do.

Good they didnt go along with this deal, as it looks terrible.

But the smaller clubs wants the deal apparently, will RM and Barca just be outvoted, or what is going?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Good they didnt go along with this deal, as it looks terrible.

But the smaller clubs wants the deal apparently, will RM and Barca just be outvoted, or what is going?

Apparently it has to be rectified by every Primera and Segunda club, from what I read.

I am still trying to understand why it is just a bad deal. From what Revesset posted, even if they predict that the club (either Barca or Real Madrid ) will lose 500m over 50 years (no idea how this was calculated), something like that, is that so bad, than beefing up everybody (not just Barca and Madrid) and grow the pie much bigger?

I can understand people might not like the 40-year term.

JamDav1982

Apparently it has to be rectified by every Primera and Segunda club, from what I read.

I am still trying to understand why it is just a bad deal. From what Revesset posted, even if they predict that the club (either Barca or Real Madrid ) will lose 500m over 50 years (no idea how this was calculated), something like that, is that so bad, than beefing up everybody (not just Barca and Madrid) and grow the pie much bigger?

Would guess they are just adding up what 10% of the current tv deal/prize money is and multiplying that by 50 but then becomes a bit false if try to add inflation etc.

Andresito

Staff member

I think not being able to create ESL is a big reason. AFAIK only Madrid and Barca have said no to it so far. Atletico seem to be fine with it.

JamDav1982

I think not creating ESL is a big reason. AFAIK only Madrid and Barca have said no to it so far. Atletico seem to be fine with it.

Agreed. The ESL seems like the biggest reason.

No chance Barca lose 500m+ over 50 years on this deal.

Even if the 'Messi is worth 300m a season' to Barca is half true then signing this deal makes club 200m+ in next couple seasons alone if allowed for that.

All about ESL.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think not being able to create ESL is a big reason. AFAIK only Madrid and Barca have said no to it so far. Atletico seem to be fine with it.

I doubt it is about the ESL but if it is, then shame on Laporta and Perez, putting the interest of everybody ahead of their own over something that is so far-fetched (and pretty unattainable at this point, without the English clubs and the FA of every country against it).

Morten

Well, as i see it, selling out 10% of la ligas worth right may not look as favorable if La Liga grows in the future.
Its risky business.

FinBarcelonafan

I am starting to think Perez is right. Look at the downfall of Spanish and Italian leagues. Feeder leagues for England and France.

They need to get something going together and make new more exciting league to challenge PL.

Spain itself isn't enough to challenge PL now with their money.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, it might or might not be the ESL, but something has to be done to give clubs some boost to not get left behind by the so-called state clubs. Even Bayern is struggling and worried about being left behind, that tells you how dire the situation is.

FC433

I would try to join the PL and convince Laporta to follow along :lol: if I were him. Seriously though, both Barca and Madrid need to rebuild their teams pretty soon; otherwise, our potential sponsorship revenue will go to PL teams.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I would try to join the PL and convince Laporta to follow along :lol: if I were him. Seriously though, both Barca and Madrid need to rebuild their teams pretty soon; otherwise, our potential sponsorship revenue will go to PL teams.

How is that even possible? The English FA will not allow it, neither will the Spanish.

jairzinho

I am starting to think Perez is right. Look at the downfall of Spanish and Italian leagues. Feeder leagues for England and France.

They need to get something going together and make new more exciting league to challenge PL.

Spain itself isn't enough to challenge PL now with their money.

One option might be to open up club ownership to foreign investors. Not the best option maybe but that's what the Prem clubs have done. Look at the big clubs in England for example. LFC, Chelsea, Man Utd, City. All owned by foreign billionaires, oil merchants, sport groups like Fenway etc. A team like City was a joke club not too long ago but with Qatari investment look where they are now. Same for PSG. It's going to be hard to keep up with them after a while.The EPL as a product has grown significantly because of foreign investment in clubs.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans