First match of the pre-season is going to be played in Poland

mixer

During today's press conference, Toni Freixa officially confirmed information that circulated in the media for some time now. First match of FC Barcelona's pre-season will be played in Poland, 20 July. The most probably opponent is Wisła Kraków, but nothing is official yet.

Then, the team will travel to Munich, where on July 24, will played a friendly match against Bayern. The remaining matches are set on July 27 in Oslo, August 7 in Bangok and August 10 in Kuala Lumpur.

Barcelona pre-season > 20 Jul: Poland, 24 Jul: Germany, 27 Jul: Norway, 7 Aug: Thailand, 10 Aug: Malaysia #fcblive Other game(s) to be added

Antimadridista1

They are travelling a little bit too much no ?
Why our team isn't just traveling to USA like Real Madrid, Chelsea, Paris, Liverpool to train and stay over there during few weeks ?

I don't understand how all this destinations can provide a good preparation for the players.

Eetu

Adormit
Why our team isn't just traveling to USA like Real Madrid, Chelsea, Paris, Liverpool to train and stay over there during few weeks ?

I don't understand how all this destinations can provide a good preparation for the players.

At the moment that looks like three in and out the same day friendlies and a four day Asian tour. That wouldn't be much, as even the other option you mentioned usually comes with traveling around the country. Added bonus is that there's no surprises with training facilities if you base everything at home.

Everything could change of course as they add more dates.

Yannick03

Weren't there rumours of a pre-season game in the Netherlands ? Any news on this cause I'd certainly want to attend that one if it is true.

Kerrybai

It's all about money.

PaulFCB

Banned
Why is travelling in Europe such a problem?
Going to USA or China means at least 2 long flights, in Europe you're practically in 2:30 hours max in Bucharest or 4 in Moscow from Barcelona, not to mention you don't change the climate too much, like going to Florida or Bangkok.

pibito

During today's press conference, Toni Freixa officially confirmed information that circulated in the media for some time now. First match of FC Barcelona's pre-season will be played in Poland, 20 July. The most probably opponent is Wisła Kraków, but nothing is official yet.

Then, the team will travel to Munich, where on July 24, will played a friendly match against Bayern. The remaining matches are set on July 27 in Oslo, August 7 in Bangok and August 10 in Kuala Lumpur.

Barcelona pre-season > 20 Jul: Poland, 24 Jul: Germany, 27 Jul: Norway, 7 Aug: Thailand, 10 Aug: Malaysia #fcblive Other game(s) to be added

KL is a 1-hour flight :wave:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Weren't there rumours of a pre-season game in the Netherlands ? Any news on this cause I'd certainly want to attend that one if it is true.

Yeah since the transfer of Afellay the rumour has been there was a deal that Barca would play in Eindhoven for the 100th year celebration of PSV, which is this year. Still no confirmation and I am actually thinking it won't happen. But damn, my two favorite teams play each other in my own country? Would be AMAZING

Yannick03

Yeah since the transfer of Afellay the rumour has been there was a deal that Barca would play in Eindhoven for the 100th year celebration of PSV, which is this year. Still no confirmation and I am actually thinking it won't happen. But damn, my two favorite teams play each other in my own country? Would be AMAZING

Yeah, Eindhoven is just across the border so if that would happen, I'm definitely going to get tickets.

A

awong2912

Hi, has it been decided yet if the FCB first team will play malaysia on August 10? Will messi or iniesta or xavi be there?

Thanks.

Home of Barca Fans