Final: Germany - Argentina 1-0(ET) - Germany are WC Champions for the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Kaiser

I take it you didn't like the prediction

He didnt strike me as the smartest fella from the start so I take his prediction with a grain of salt. Not really surprising for a French talking to a British newspaper to predict against Germany, is it. ;)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He didnt strike me as the smartest fella from the start so I take his prediction with a grain of salt. Not really surprising for a French talking to a British newspaper to predict against Germany, is it. ;)

Well I suppose that's just howedes. :mou:

clareynet

I think it will be a great finals match. Both teams are playing really good, but I think the odds are in favor or Germany. They're gonna be really motivated after the match against Brazil, and Di Maria's absence will be key for Argentina, and Messi alone can't take a whole team on his shoulder, specially against Germany. I'd say it will go something like GER 2-1 ARG

Richard.H

I predict a really boring final, with both teams playing as tactically as possible. I expect the same type of game like Argentina vs Holland (in terms of the limited amount of space and such).

Christian Vieri made the same prediction on the BeIN world cup report.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It is not easy, nobody said it would be easy yet they are here and other 30 teams are not. I believe in not just messi but Argentina too, they know how to win matches and sabella has been doing very great job so far. My only worry the stamina left in Argentina, they did not have a single easy game so far. Every game they fought, I just hope they have energy for just 1 more match. I would like messi to score and make them world champions but it does not matter anymore for me I want Argentina to win I dont care in which way. I started supporting them just because of messi but I love Argentina now even though they have been unconvincing so far. I like how they win matches taking it to the last minute, those little moments of magic by messi and that immense joy. Am I wrong to support a one man team against a collective team who have been playing best football this world cup?!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

King Leo

Banned
I predict a really boring final, with both teams playing as tactically as possible. I expect the same type of game like Argentina vs Holland (in terms of the limited amount of space and such).

Christian Vieri made the same prediction on the BeIN world cup report.

Tactical yes, boring no. Unlike Hollandk; Germany plays a high defense line which Messi and Higuain can exploit. They will try to stop Messi with Khedira and schweinsteiger. If Messi can escape he will cause problems and you know well he can cause a difference with 1 or 2 chances.

Very difficult game for Argentina defence, and I hope Demichelis doesn't screw up. He has been good for 2 games which worries me a little. He's prone to errors once every few games. Set pieces worry me plenty that's why Argentina must not give too many corners and fouls.

watch this analysis if you're up and can't sleep like me
http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2...ntina-2014-fifa-world-cup-final-match-preview

mozad

I think Germany will be shocked. They come from a 7-1 win over Brazil that has made them think that they are a fantastic team. They don't realise that they only won because Brazil had completely collapsed without Neymar. Holland could have gotten very similar result if their game really mattered. Germany's confidence is too big to be good and there's no reason for it. At no point have they played fantastic. Now they will play against a solid team with a defence that has been very strong since Sabella made some changes prior to match against Belgium. Higaun is sparkling, and ofcourse Messi. I don't think Aguero should start in at all. Lavezzi or Palacio should definately start in.

I predict 4-1 to Argentina if di Maria plays, 2-1 if he doesn't.

Last edited:
C

cbfpaulinho4

I think Germany will be shocked. They come from a 7-1 win over Brazil that has made them think that they are a fantastic team. They don't realise that they only won because Brazil had completely collapsed without Neymar. Holland could have gotten very similar result if their game really mattered. Germany's confidence is too big to be good and there's no reason for it. At no point have they played fantastic. Now they will play against a solid team with a defence that has been very strong since Sabella made some changes prior to match against Belgium. Higaun is sparkling, and ofcourse Messi. I don't think Aguero should start in at all. Lavezzi or Palacio should definately start in.

I predict 4-1 to Argentina if di Maria plays, 2-1 if he doesn't.

I agree, this team completely collapsed without neymar, mentally n physically they cannot compete without him. They cant keep possession without neymar, cant advance down the field, it was a complete mess without him. He is like the engine on this team. bigger than the hole team.

Jägermeister

Any news on Di Maria's injury?

Kicker are saying he had a more intense training session than in recent days. Trying to do quick runs, sprints and fast turnings. He also trained with the ball.
I'd guess that they will risk it and let him play at least one ht. They need him.

Messi_Goal

I think Agüero starts tonight...
Don't take out Lavezzi, Hes energy and work rate is much needed
Don't take out Pérez, I have never watched him play before but I thought he was excellent against Holland.
Don't take out Biglia, He is needed defensively
The only player I would replace him with is Higuaín but I don't think Agüero is anywhere near fit enough to start and it is a big risk to start him
If Agüero and Di María both amazingly start the game...They might as-well give the World Cup to Germany now, Starting one would be a big risk but starting both would be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans