Fifa report into alleged corruption clears Qatar to host 2022 World Cup

ceefoo

Fair point, I think he was due in Canada next, but I've also read that the Swiss can extradite people to US on criminal charges ? If I were him I'd leg it to a country with no extradition with USA.

North Korea ?
:D He'd get on well with Kim Jong-un. Sepp can tell him all about how he "healed the world with soccer". Both are deluded clowns. :clown:

Jerôme Valcke was supposed to attend Canada's women's world cup too but thought better of it in the end. A nice view isn't worth prison it seems

Jérôme champagne:
je n'exclus rien. Selon les statuts de la Fifa, la campagne doit durer quatre mois. Elle ne devrait pas commencer avant décembre.

"I keep an open mind (on running for fifa presidency). According to FIFA regulations, the campaign must last four months. It (also) shouldn't start until December.

Rest of the interview was this tool campaigning, not worth translating

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Some quotes from the document.

THE COURT: FIFA, and its membership or constituent organization. The charges relate to events involving an exchange of elicit payments for one purpose or another. They identify FIFA and its attendant or related constituent organization as what we call an enterprise, a RICO enterprise. RICO is an acronym for, and don't overreact to this as I am sure most people do, Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organization

THE COURT: It alleges a conspiracy to corrupt this enterprise through the anticipated payment of funds pursuant to various criminal schemes. Reciting just a heading now, 1998 Wor'ld Cup bribery scheme, referring to page 16. The Gold Cup bribery and kickback scheme. It involves a conspiracy to do these things. A conspiracy to use wire transfers to effect the payment of monies.

THE DEFENDANT (Blazer): During my association with FIFA and C0NCACAF, among other things, I and others agreed that I or a co-conspirator would commit at least two acts of racketeering activity. Among other things, I agreed with other persons in or around 1992 to facilitate the acceptance of a bribe in conjunction with the selection of the host nation for the 1998 World Cup. Beginning in or about 1993 and continuing through the early 2000s, I and others agreed to accept bribes and kickbacks in conjunction with the broadcast and other rights to the 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, and 2003 Gold Cups. Beginning in or around 2004 and continuing through 2011 , I and others on the FIFA executive committee agreed to accept bribes in conjunction with the selection of South Africa as the host nation for the 2010 World Cup. Among other things, my actions described above had common participants and results.

Last edited:
Pretty sure every more or less recent world cup votes have been full of it. It's a good thing to try and BURN those fuckers but the system needs to be changed else the circus will continue

J'ai décidé que je ne garderais plus le secret pour des personnes qui ont détruit le dur labeur et la foi de ce pays", a-t-il prévenu auprès de la BBC, avant d'indiquer avoir "peur pour sa vie" et "avoir collaboré et transmis des documents (...) qui montrent des transactions financières de la FIFA incluant son président, Sepp Blatter, mais pas seulement."

Jack Warner pissed himself pretty quick:

"I've decided that I won't be keeping secrets anymore for the people who have destroyed all the hard work and the faith of this country" said Jack Warner to the BBC, before assuring that he "fears for his life" and "has collaborated and given statements (...) that show FIFA financial transactions tied to president Sepp Blatter, but not only he."

ceefoo

Former FIFA Vice-President Jack Warner Promises to Expose FIFA

Jack Warner: I reservedly and surely fear for my life. I have as promised, complied comprehensive and detailed series of documents including cheques and corroborated statements.

I have placed them in different and respected hands. I have said to you before by doing so I have placed the outcome of those matters beyond my own reach.

It also reveals my knowledge about certain transactions as FIFA including but not limited to its President Sepp Blatter.

:shower:

raskolnikov

In 1998 the wc went to 32 teams instead of 24 and to France when Blatter became president for the first time. Its the same bullshit Platini pulled when he arranged for the ec to go to France rather than Turkey in 2016.
He is exactly the same to me so I hope he never becomes FIFA president.

The only question I think is whether Platini, if elected, would sell himself to the european side as opposed to the now traditional blatter route. Given how Platini advocated for a 2020 euro spread across Europe to please the many, which strikes me as very Blatter like, I'm not sure what he would decide.

ceefoo

Platini lost what little credibility he had left with me, when France voted for Blatter. :yucky:

But Platini was on the Ali side on this one, saying that Sepp should step down etc. If anything it shows that the FFF isn't aligned with Platini (no love lost for the FFF, bunch of old fucks really)

ceefoo

But Platini was on the Ali side on this one, saying that Sepp should step down etc. If anything it shows that the FFF isn't aligned with Platini (no love lost for the FFF, bunch of old fucks really)
Thing is; if Platini cannot keep his own 'house' in order, how can we expect him to lead world football?

Home of Barca Fans