Federico Valverde

Andresito

Staff member
He's the highest rated (on Transfermarkt) CM in the world together with Saul and Frenkie now.

I must say he's not only the Madrid player I like the most of their bunch but a player I really enjoy. He'd step into any team and improve them with his drive and energy.
5m well spent by Madrid in 2016.

BarcaOG

Banned
He's the highest rated (on Transfermarkt) CM in the world together with Saul and Frenkie now.

I must say he's not only the Madrid player I like the most of their bunch but a player I really enjoy. He'd step into any team and improve them with his drive and energy.
5m well spent by Madrid in 2016.

fuvk us...

160 for coutunho..

BarcaOG

Banned
Hazard, well above 100.
Can you guys stop acting as if we are transfer geniuses?

lol, dont be so self depracating, madrid has made some great transfers in the last years after foregoing the all out galactico policy

at the very least your record recently is much, much better than ours.

mc_lovin

Hes not really a great fit with two of Modric, Kroos and Casemiro I guess? Valverde is more of a complementary/water carrier type of player for me (not a "maestro" or technically brilliant). And for that you already got Casemiro, whos more natural at DM. Casemiro-Kroos/Modric-Valverde looks rather defensive/limited. Maybe if you get a decent AM in there instead of Kroos/Modric.

Generally I agree with Zidane a lot (Hakimi, Odegaard, Valverde, Jovic).

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Hes not really a great fit with two of Modric, Kroos and Casemiro I guess? Valverde is more of a complementary/water carrier type of player for me (not a "maestro" or technically brilliant). And for that you already got Casemiro, whos more natural at DM. Casemiro-Kroos/Modric-Valverde looks rather defensive/limited. Maybe if you get a decent AM in there instead of Kroos/Modric.

He was the main reason our offense worked at the right side over much of the last 18 months. Way more than your regular brute B2B. While he doesn't take on players and take the ball up vertically as often and as well as in-form Modrić would (barely anyone will, 2nd only to the Iniestas of this world), he has a great eye for a pass and gains a step on most of his opponents in a foot race.

Zidane prefers in-form Modrić as most people would. What isn't explained is why he runs him to the ground without altering the midfield at all like he would last season when he'd play 5 midfielders or Modrić at #10 in a diamond. Can only guess it's still to do with Fede's injury recovery.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Why wouldn't they if they've been playing this midfield trio for the best part of the last 2-3 months and Fede had little game time since return?

mc_lovin

He was the main reason our offense worked at the right side over much of the last 18 months. Way more than your regular brute B2B. While he doesn't take on players and take the ball up vertically as often and as well as in-form Modrić would (barely anyone will, 2nd only to the Iniestas of this world), he has a great eye for a pass and gains a step on most of his opponents in a foot race.

Zidane prefers in-form Modrić as most people would. What isn't explained is why he runs him to the ground without altering the midfield at all like he would last season when he'd play 5 midfielders or Modrić at #10 in a diamond. Can only guess it's still to do with Fede's injury recovery.

I didnt want to put him in the "brainless brute" category, but his horizontal movement and build up looks rather average. Vertically hes fine as hes very straightforward. Like Hakimi.

I am just not sure hes a good fit against deep blocks with Casemiro. And I wouldnt say your offense worked anytime post Ronaldo (not putting this on Valverde). But Valverde certainly played his part making you rock solid defensively.

Morten

I didnt want to put him in the "brainless brute" category, but his horizontal movement and build up looks rather average. Vertically hes fine as hes very straightforward. Like Hakimi.

I am just not sure hes a good fit against deep blocks with Casemiro. And I wouldnt say your offense worked anytime post Ronaldo (not putting this on Valverde). But Valverde certainly played his part making you rock solid defensively.

Valverde isnt a DM, and he is just fine going forward.

Home of Barca Fans