FC Barcelona: Win of the youth system

Messi983

What's the story with this? He is one of the prospects Laporta named. But more importantly, he had a contract until 2024 so the club had to have agreed a transfer.

According to MD he asked to leave. Didn't see anything reported but I assume we've kept % of future sale like it happens with most youngsters still under contract we let go for free.

Porque

Would be similar to Iker Cordoba then, who went for free transfer + 15% future transfer fee, financial variables and a probably buyback option.

Messi983

Messi983

UYL against Royal Antwerp starts in few minutes

Yako

Olmedo Cortés Cuenca Navarro

Darvich Pau Prim Cristo

Nil Guiu Dani

jamrock

Barca scouts any news on Dani? Sport is hyping him crazy.

You guys need a W at this point, is he the one? Or is it someone else.

Messi983

Barca scouts any news on Dani? Sport is hyping him crazy.

You guys need a W at this point, is he the one? Or is it someone else.

He's good but if I'd have to choose one from current U19 team to make it would be Guille Fernandez imo. Second youngest to play in UYL behind only Yamal.

Andres Cuenca looking good too. That assist for second goal was class. We Have some good left-footed CB talents upcoming with him and Mika Faye (ofc also still have an option to bring back Chadi Riad and/or Mika Marmol back as well depending on how they develop).

jamrock

Barca forum taking advantage of the Barca nation link, I love to see it.

You're welcome btw lol.

Dani seems a bit small to be the next best thing coming out of la masia, especially has a forward, you're right he doesn't give me the right sensations.

Fernandez does look very very good indeed.

I need to get back to my Youth football watching ways, too busy for all that these days, but I'll keep an eye out for those 3.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Wasnt all that impressed with Dani Rodriguez last season. Seemed to flatter to deceive and made a lot of poor decisions holding onto ball too long.

The fact he is 18 an still in Juv A shows where he is currently at when B team does not have huge depth out wide. But maybe he can kick although nowhere near as highly rated as was a few seasons back.

In UEFA Youth game Cuenca looked good as did Fernandez when he came on but he has long been held up as the biggest talent at that age.

The Juv A team has players at B team level and first team so lot of young players.

Barca were scolded a few years back by starting to focus on the power/pace etc of players coming through... folk thinking they were pure Barca by making out now what youth system should be. The reality is club is benefiting from it big time and La Masia is now producing players in way it hasnt since the days of Xavi/Iniesta etc.

Laporta did not leave a great La Masia system when left last time in terms of players educated there from a young age and that has been rectified.... not a dig at him as did other things very well but left very few long term La Masia players establishing themselves in first team.

Changes were made that folk bitched about and it has started to bare fruit.

Now need to make sure they stay and also ones not quite ready go on loan and/or sold with 50% future fees. Something they are doing already.

Last edited:

Porque

How is Juan Hernandez progressing? Liked him alot in the U17 Euro linking up with Yamal.

Ps. Name might be wrong.

khaled_a_d

Yeah, Cubarsi is actually my favorite defender in the B team. Him and Bernal are the 2 that I have high hopes from that B team side.

Porque

Rafa must like his style. Got aspects of how he played.

Wonder what happens when Mbacke has his work visa sorted out though. Could curb Pau Cubarsi B minutes with the guise that Pau can still play Youth League and Juvenil A games.

Pelayo on the other hand, with the injury and all, is probably done.

Messi983

Game against Porto started few minutes ago. Interesting lineup, Prim playing a more advanced role.

F7mNQYFW0AAJ9hw

Home of Barca Fans