FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Getting rid of the sections? Why? You avoid making those crazy deals like we did for Coutinho, Griezmann etc. and you can save more than what you spend on the sections.

I don't see how the sections make up 91m of budget. According to what I have read, for the next season we are spending 30m on basketball, 6.5m on handball, 9m on women's football, 4m on roller hockey, 4m on futsal on the professional side, something like that. Adding the amateur side that we spend peanuts on, how the heck do they account for 91m a year?

Many foreign Barça fans only care about the football section and understandably so. But hell, those sections have been an integral part of Barça for a long time. Getting rid of them? Hell no.

Porque

Women's section should generate more income over the coming years.

Tv rights and price money are still lagging.

But that one should be able to become self sufficient over the near future.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Lyon's budget for their women's side is 13m. The English teams will soon top that because of their lucrative TV and sponsorship deals. Spain on the other hand, you have weasels like Finetwork refusing to pay the 4m they agreed to pay Liga F.

Asobal (Spanish handball) as a league finally getting professionalized, I believe. Hopefully that will draw more sponsors and better TV deals.

khaled_a_d

Women's section should generate more income over the coming years.

Tv rights and price money are still lagging.

But that one should be able to become self sufficient over the near future.

I think part of the women teams is increasing popularity among female audience to the club (or the sport) in general and not just being profitable by itself. This can help in generating income indirectly tbh even if it doesn't look like that.
Pure uneducated guess from me, so I could be wrong

Messi983

This should help a bit, probably not much though.

FC Barcelona will be able to make use of a tool that it did not have in its initial market plans. La Liga relaxed the economic control rules on Spanish clubs on June 28. The regulatory body chaired by Javier Tebas intends to stimulate movements in the transfer market. In this way, Barça will be able to use 35% of the money entered as transfers instead of the 20% previously established.

Thus, of every 100 million euros received from a sale, the Barça club will be able to register 35 million instead of 20. The modification of the rules is transitory, since these rules had been established to guarantee the economic sustainability of the competition. However, the expiration date of the new regulations is unknown, beyond the closing of the summer transfer window.

Another of the modifications to the regulations refers to the 40% rule of the League. Barça, subject to this rule to date for exceeding the salary limit and incurring in a situation of ordinary losses, may register 50% of a salary released from the squad.

Messi983

Of all the club's facilities, the most significant increase in turnover was that recorded for Spotify Camp Nou, a massive €97.6 million in revenue.

2022/23 is the first season in the club's history where more than a million tickets were sold to see the men's football team, specifically 1,021,001. It is also the first time ever that an average of less than 10,000 season ticket holders did not attend games or release them. This year, an average of around 8,400 seats were not used per game.

In sponsorship, FC Barcelona generated a record figure for one season of €97.6 million in additional income thanks to the signing of twenty new contracts. The biggest partnership is the one with Spotify, which includes the Title Rights to the Stadium and which has become the first Main Partner in the history of FC Barcelona to sponsor both the men's and women's teams at the same time. Brands such as Bimbo, Herno and Whitebit have also joined the family of sponsors and new deals were struck with ScotiaBank and Stanley, among others.

During the 2022/23 season, six new sponsorship agreements worth €36 million were also signed, which come into force in the current season, 2023/24, and which, therefore count as income for this financial year. These includes alliances with Ambilight TV and PRIME, among others.

Total-Football

As soon as barca signed the deal with those YouTube clowns over ther drink, there are reports now the FDA is investigating the drink and its elements. Lmao.. cursed club.

Home of Barca Fans