FC Barcelona Finances

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What is driving your objection of that company?

I too have concerns about startups, too unstable, can’t rely on them long-term.

It's a start-up and their name is Vegan Nation. Do I need anything else? :lol:

Aint no way I'm wearing a shirt with Vegan Nation on it. Sorry no can do.

Rassvet

I love it. It's like our Unicef deal in that it advocates for a great cause but now we even get paid for it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They're from Israel that should be enough. But guess human right abuses are only something to frown upon if they're done by Arabs.

Being Israeli alone doesn't mean anything, unless if you can prove the company is owned by the Israeli government. The same logic applies to any other country, Qatar, China, Russia or whatever. Being from those countries itself is not a problem, unless if you can tie that company/entity to the government.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Being Israeli alone doesn't mean anything, unless if you can prove the company is owned by the Israeli government. The same logic applies to any other country, Qatar, China, Russia or whatever. Being from those countries itself is not a problem, unless if you can tie that company/entity to the government.

They operate and were founded in an apithied state, the population and government are complicit in what is happening there, So unless they're openly against what is happening and are challenging the status quo they are no different to their government. Do you condone the gradual erosion of the remnants of the Palestinian state to the state of Israel and Israeli settlers, the blocking of aid and medical supplies as well as cutting off access to water electricity etc?
Is it ethical that we accept any source of money from a country that has effectively held another country in a 3rd world open air prison?
I could go on about the atrocities that go on there but the world doesn't really care as the tone of their skin is probably a tad too dark.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They operate and were founded in an apithied state, the population and government are complicit in what is happening there, So unless they're openly against what is happening and are challenging the status quo they are no different to their government. Do you condone the gradual erosion of the remnants of the Palestinian state to the state of Israel and Israeli settlers, the blocking of aid and medical supplies as well as cutting off access to water electricity etc?
Is it ethical that we accept any source of money from a country that has effectively held another country in a 3rd world open air prison?
I could go on about the atrocities that go on there but the world doesn't really care as the tone of their skin is probably a tad too dark.

I am not here to discuss what the Israeli government has or has not done. Again, we are not talking about Israel the country here or any country or what the government of those countries have done. You are speaking as if every citizen, entity from Israel or any country for that matter was complicit of everything the state/government has done. If that is the case, which company/person is clean? Almost every country has some skeletons hidden in the closet, every state has done something bad, by that logic we can't accept sponsorship from any company of any country out there.

Look at our current and previous sponsors (or any sports sponsor for that matter), which one has openly spoken against what's happening/what has happened in the respective countries? If not, we should not accept their sponsorship?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I am not here to discuss what the Israeli government has or has not done. Again, we are not talking about Israel the country here or any country or what the government of those countries have done. You are speaking as if every citizen, entity from Israel or any country for that matter was complicit of everything the state/government has done. If that is the case, which company/person is clean? Almost every country has some skeletons hidden in the closet, every state has done something bad, by that logic we can't accept sponsorship from any company of any country out there.

Look at our current and previous sponsors (or any sports sponsor for that matter), which one has openly spoken against what's happening/what has happened in the respective countries? If not, we should not accept their sponsorship?

Sure let's ignore it like it's not relevant at all to this discussion.

Firstly this isn't an event that has happened in the past, it's something that has been happening for decades and is still happening today.

Secondly i made it clear that the general populace is most definitely complicit in the policies the government has enacted for decades because they do not challenge the status quo. It' isn't a government that has made a decision over one or two terms but yet again I reiterate over decades! Sure if they turn out to provide legal support and also protest against the government's actions like a few groups do in Israel do then I'd be more than happy to have them as a sponsor as they're actually trying to impose change as best as they can

When countries face sanctions why do companies in those countries also face sanctions? Why are they and the general. Population also punished for the action of their government/leader/dictator? I wonder why? Perhaps it puts pressure directly on those governments/leaders as well aas allows people to hold their government's responsible for the consequences of those actions if possible?

Should we also accept sponsorships from fox news? Or weapons manufacturers as well while we are at it?

We shouldn't be accepting anything or dealing with Israel* until the Palestinian lands are restored, Compensation paid, war crimes and humans rights abuses punished. Doing so only makes us complicit in legitimising the states actions as acceptable to human decency.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sure let's ignore it like it's not relevant at all to this discussion.

Firstly this isn't an event that has happened in the past, it's something that has been happening for decades and is still happening today.

Secondly i made it clear that the general populace is most definitely complicit in the policies the government has enacted for decades because they do not challenge the status quo. It' isn't a government that has made a decision over one or two terms but yet again I reiterate over decades! Sure if they turn out to provide legal support and also protest against the government's actions like a few groups do in Israel do then I'd be more than happy to have them as a sponsor as they're actually trying to impose change as best as they can

When countries face sanctions why do companies in those countries also face sanctions? Why are they and the general. Population also punished for the action of their government/leader/dictator? I wonder why? Perhaps it puts pressure directly on those governments/leaders as well aas allows people to hold their government's responsible for the consequences of those actions if possible?

Should we also accept sponsorships from fox news? Or weapons manufacturers as well while we are at it?

We shouldn't be accepting anything or dealing with Israel* until the Palestinian lands are restored, Compensation paid, war crimes and humans rights abuses punished. Doing so only makes us complicit in legitimising the states actions as acceptable to human decency.

I am not disputing whatever you are saying about what the Israeli government has done or is doing, what I am saying again and again is that regular individuals and business entities have nothing to do with the state. Not just in authoritarian states, even in the democratic countries individuals and entities should not be held responsible for what the government has done, even though they can influence them (in theory).

Sanctions and embargoes have been carried out in a wholesale and unjust way against everybody and entity in a country, true, for example Iran and that sucks, it should have never been done this way. There are increasingly more targeted sanctions though these days, for example US sanctions against certain Chinese companies and government officials that were believed to be complicit of certain things the Chinese government is accused of by the US. That’s better than sanctioning an entire country. Anyways, the point is you have to separate normal citizens and business entities from the state and not hold them liable for what their government has done. I don’t know where you are from, should you or businesses from your country be boycotted simply because they are from your country because of grievances against your government? No.

Just because they are Israeli, we should boycott it? Ridiculous.

Home of Barca Fans