FC Barcelona Femení

Nucky

At least Barca Femeni bring the fans some joy.. Congrats ladies for 3rd european title..

Messi983

What a team, what a final! :worthy: :worthy:

San Mames looked like Camp Nou. Really great to see fans showing support to this team, they more than deserve it.

Giraldez learned his lesson from the 2022 final. Played it more safe in 1st half not wanting to condede early goal(s) again, keeping possession well and I don't remember Lyon having a single dangerous fast break chance. We limited them well defensively, they were mostly dangerous from few set pieces that was to be expected as they are a more physical team but I think we matched them quite well in that aspect too while obviously being a better team technically. That said would've probably been a different game if Hegerberg would be fit to start.

Finished 1st half strong and at that time I had a feeling we'd probably scored if 5 more minutes were to be played. Caro was easily player of the 1st half but didn't have much support offensively besides that Patri chance.

Then some tweaks at HT and Aitana started to dominate the midfield (I thought she was brilliant first 20 minutes of 2nd half). Mariona dropped deeper too. Very underrated and versatile player, hope we will keep her but would understand if she would leave as probably won't be a starter next season. Same with Bronze whose contract is also expiring and reports suggest she will leave. We would be fine with Ona and Rolfo as fullbacks but just having that depth for rotation is great. Especially when injuries happen like this season when Frido was out for months. But overall I thought Lucy was a strong contender for player of the game. Patri and Keira did well to recover the balls but I thought Salma was a bid underwhelming. Jona also tried to move her to the left. But that's fine, she's still very young and pretty inexperienced as a full-time footballer. That's why we're reportedly signing Ewa Pajor who has more experience and would also add quality and depth. Imagine Salma-Pajor-Caro upfront with likes of Brugts and Mariona (if she stays) off the bench. And then 4 starting quality midfielders in Keira, Patri, Aitana and Alexia behind them with youngsters like Pina and Vicky also fighting for their minutes. A lot of depth and tactical flexibility. And Mapi returning to defense will also be a boost for the team despite Engen replacing her very well.

Ofc can't go without mentioning Alexia. Must be very hard for a winner like her to only play 5 minutes in a big final. And then she comes on, scores and celebrates in front of 45k Barca fans. Just amazing and very happy she has renewed. Hopefully she can finally leave injuries behind her and return close to previous level or at least give us a few more years of enjoyment. But even without Alexia I think we have two currently best players in the world in Aitana and CGH. Would probably give a nod to Caro to win the 2024 Ballon d'Or (also because she was absolutely robbed not even being included on the 30 players shortlist for BDO last year which I still can't believe) but as long as one of them wins it it's fine by me.

And last but not least - Jonatan Giraldez. Have to admit I was sceptical when Lluis Cortes left mainly because it was reported that was a consequence of the players revolting against him. But Jona really got the best out of this team. Won 10 out of 12 available trophies in three years, the only one he really lost was that CL final in 2022 but he more than made up for it yesterday imo. The other trophy he didn't win was 2023 Copa de la Reina when we were disqualified for administrative error (in a game we won 9-0, lol). Otherwise would have more than not likely won that competition too.

I understand why he wants a new challenge and he'll get that in a more competitive NWSL. Not to mention probably a hefty pay raise as well. Thanks for everything and good luck, Jona.

Special mention to Markel Zubizarreta who left months ago but is mostly responsible for building this great team we have now.

I fully believe that whoever will replace Giraldez (it's a public secret it will be a promotion from inside and one of his assistants will take over) will continue to build on a good work that Cortes and Giraldez have done. FCB Femeni is the best thing that happened to this club over the last (almost) decade and I'm confident people in that sector will continue to make the right decisions.

But staying on top long term does not only depend on us but CD Tacon, Atletico, Real Sociedad and other teams in Liga F also have to improve and increase competitive level of the league. Otherwise it will be harder to bring and keep great players (similar is happening to our handball team where we have no domestic competition for a decade now; we can still sign good players but eventually most of them leave).

Lyon (we can be sure they won't take their first loss in a CL final after 7 consecutive wins easy and will come back stronger), PSG, Bayern, Wolfsburg will still be good teams. But real danger is coming from English teams who are starting to invest more money as popularity of women's football is increasing. And it's very likely in 5-10 years if not sooner WSL will become the next EPL.

Messi983

GOb_JPCWgAAzY9z

66521fa695144.jpeg

66521f9d1a8cd.jpeg

665224ef939cd.r_d.3020-2210.jpeg

665224ea0d8c0.jpeg

66522b4a3239e.jpeg

66522b44ac178.jpeg

66522b418ba72.jpeg

66522d76ea9ec.r_d.4265-3243.jpeg

66522d72420e4.r_d.2998-2541.jpeg

Messi983

Chelsea is preparing a big offer for Aitana, Barca wants to renew her contract that expires next year.

Chelsea, who have not yet won any European Cup, want to take a leap in quality and that is why they have thought about seducing Aitana with a great offer. Sources familiar with the matter point out that they are willing to offer the Blaugrana four seasons at two million each, paying Barça the 3 million euros of her termination clause for her.

Messi983

Well, Lyon already did that with 5 consecutive titles between 2015-20. Something that will be tough for this team to match as competition is improving every year. One bad day and your dreams can be over. We were already walking on a thin line against Chelsea in semis for example.

But clearly three CLs in 4 years show we are the new dominant force in Europe.

Home of Barca Fans