FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Porque

Wesley immediately became a starting RB for them tbf, so they had a point.
Maybe that guy is actually good and they know it, so they want an outright sale too

I believe the issue before was that they wanted an obligatory buy clause, while we just wanted an option.

Possibly the same again.

Messi983

According to The Athletic (via Sport) we're close to sign 20 yo CB Mamadou Fall from LAFC. Loan with reported 2m buy option. He started 22 games for Villarreal B in Segunda last season. I've heard his name but not sure how he did for them. It's good he has experience on a higher level and IF we can bring him wouldn't be a bad signing imo but let's wait until is official.

Have to say I like type of players Deco is looking to bring for Barca B although sadly we couldn't actually sign Chelsea kid who went to Anderlecht or this Petterson now. But these players look levels above likes of Gustavo Maia, Pocho, Emre Demir,... If in a year or two we could actually spend some money I think Deco could bring us some gems.

Messi983

Good point, didn't even see that his contract is expiring. Maybe TM has outdated infos or he has some extension clause in his contract.

Andresito

Staff member
Good point, didn't even see that his contract is expiring. Maybe TM has outdated infos or he has some extension clause in his contract.
Also thought that was an option. Or we're "buying" him now, and paying in January, but seems expensive considering Atleti paid 3m for Memphis to get him earlier before his contract ended.

Porque

If his contract was expiring then we could just negotiate directly already and incorporate in 3 months time.

Think it is more likely that TM is not updated.

Porque

Mentioned this guy around the time of our Julian Araujo move.

From what I understand he done well at Villarreal B, so I'm curious why they didn't bring him back for the B side. Hell, they have Cuenca starting at the moment for the A and he is not good at all.

Good move for us though we could have easily focused on Cortes, Faye and Cubarsi. This guy brings experience though.

I know we brought in a few wideman, but seriously lacking offensive talent from those positions. Hopefully one of the Juvenils can stop up, or Alarcon can remain uninjured... Once he recovers from injury.

Messi983

I've read Villarreal was trying to sign him yesterday and Barca was already afraid we could lose him.

Not sure if true but also seen somewhere that Fall's buy option is around 5-6m so not really as good as first reported. Would probably need to make a breakthrough to the first team and do well there to consider paying that money. Don't see it as totally impossible as first team CBs except Kounde are injury prone but then it depends who amongst the Barca B youngsters Xavi would decide to call up if/when needed.

Yep, really thought we could make a last minute surprise winger signing but didn't happen. Not for lack of trying though so hopefully Deco will find an interesting winger or two before January.

Porque

Interesting. Well you would think they would have the budget for a high potential option given their sales and Pau leaving.

Hopefully they mis scouted this one.

Porque

F5HkaW6WAAAngwl

-Faye starts
-Bernal is the chosen one
-Darvich on the bench

Home of Barca Fans