FC Barcelona B

F

Flavia

How many players came out of the b team under Enrique ready for first team football? That is the best b team there has been in recent years.

You really think this b team is all that bad?

I watch them and for me they look a team looking to play the Barca way but not as strict pure possession as the first team but the basic approach is still there.

Recently there aren't many stars as xavi, iniesta or messi recently, but anytime thiago, sergi roberto, jds, or even bartra and fontas had their minutes, they knew how to fit into the system. The messis, xavis, iniestas of life are rare anyway, and that's why players need to know the system.
The b team right now is a mess. The players aren't bad, but the teams lacks a proper system.

Also, give me a good reason why dani nieto was signed, and why does he start ahead of adama.

JamDav1982

Recently there aren't many stars as xavi, iniesta or messi recently, but anytime thiago, sergi roberto, jds, or even bartra and fontas had their minutes, they knew how to fit into the system. The messis, xavis, iniestas of life are rare anyway, and that's why players need to know the system.
The b team right now is a mess. The players aren't bad, but the teams lacks a proper system.

Thiago was the only one ready to play first team minutes, the other names you mentioned were not.

The players don't need above all to be taught a system in the b team. The top players that have come through have not all had that and most were in very poor b teams.

Having said that they don play in a Barca way and try to pass ball etc but that is not what the b team is all about.

jklz

If it is not the point of the B-team, why is it the only team in academy where it doesn't seem the main focus? As far as I'm aware, every team in instructed to play nearly the same way; so the path to the first team is easier. From the Alevín's to the Juvenils. And it's not like individual talent doesn't stand out there, see Lee Seung Woo or Ayoub at Cadet A last year or Kubo and Bernabé at Alevín A/Infantil B.

F

Flavia

Thiago was the only one ready to play first team minutes, the other names you mentioned were not.

The players don't need above all to be taught a system in the b team. The top players that have come through have not all had that and most were in very poor b teams.

Having said that they don play in a Barca way and try to pass ball etc but that is not what the b team is all about.

I don't really know what you mean with "ready to play 1st team minutes", then. I remember roberto playing some minutes in the bernabeu in 2009 or 10, and doing fine. Or fontas playing a cl game and doing well. And they are not top players. But they knew the system, so had no problems fitting in. Which is what happens with some great players that are signed for Barça, such as Ibra, or alexis, that took a while to adapt to the Barça system, or didn't adapt at all. But no, the b players don't need to know the system... ok then :)

F

Flavia

If it is not the point of the B-team, why is it the only team in academy where it doesn't seem the main focus? As far as I'm aware, every team in instructed to play nearly the same way; so the path to the first team is easier. From the Alevín's to the Juvenils. And it's not like individual talent doesn't stand out there, see Lee Seung Woo or Ayoub at Cadet A last year or Kubo and Bernabé at Alevín A/Infantil B.

Yeah, it seems we are all wrong, no system is taugh in la masia :p

JamDav1982

At all levels they will be getting developed individually and playing within a system. My point is that at b team level there needs to be that balance still and not just a focus on the system above all else.

JamDav1982

Yeah, it seems we are all wrong, no system is taugh in la masia :p

I never said that for a second and as it happens the top players coming through the cantera in recent years have not been there for years and have all experienced other styles ij other systems.

Cesc and Pique left and came back while Busquets and Pedro came into the system in their later teens.

Even Messi they said would not follow instructions in the lower levels and would do his own thing.

These guys all benefited from not having the 'Barca system' purely drilled into them and had time to develop as individuals also.

jklz

Ortola, Patric, S.Gomez, Ilie, Planas, Samper, Espinosa, Edu Bedia, Denis Suarez, Dongou, Adama. Match starts in half an hour.

Adama finally gets to start! Great attacking trio with Denis - Dongou - Adama.

Alarcón

Nieto is not even playing.

Edit: I see you've corrected your comment :lol: Yes, Denis is great. Don't you dare mistake him for Nieto again as the latter is, well, not so good, to put it mildly.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans