F1

Catta

i was thinking another senna/prost situation but with todays rules he couldn't escape without penalty. i guess hamilton has one hand on title

Yeah, also think that. If Max crashes into Ham the last race, he would probably be disqualified from the world championship.

El Gato

Villarato!
If my memory serves me correctly, Schumacher took Hill out and won.

Doesn't.
Hill took himself + Mike out in the corner where he had no chance of safely passing the leader who had no choice other than to turn in.
Bad (selective) memory is beside the point.
Suggestion that Max is gonna crash into him on purpose is ludicrous. Fight dirty he probably will.

Max sounding off like a frustrated teenager that knows he's slower and holding Horner & team responsible is the problem.
Radio moments really just reveal true nature of that relationship and how salty he is about Merc speed since Brazil and how much he is being asked to push.

zanela

I don't follow F1, although I have been a distant spectator in the past, but all this F1 news on my feed today got me interested. I found Max hails from my adopted country, then came here to read all the loathing remarks.

To all the F1 aficionados, tell me:

Is Max the bad boy of F1? Is he just a pretender or the real deal? Is his gamesmanship tarnishing his popularity? Given he's a decade younger, and drives a slower car than his well-established adversary, does he deserve endorsing?

Also what hap to Vettel? His marriage with Red-bull looked imperious at one point, then fell in to oblivion.

I'm sure, If I looked hard enough on the internet, I may find answers to some of these questions. But saving time is a personal motto these days. :)

Hardy

max got another penalty for the collision with hamilton :lol: I say again, very lucky with all things he did today he managed to avoid black flag

Horatio

You're welcome
Don't follow F1 but it is interesting to see different views on matters based on their allegiances and reminiscent of footballing views.

Max is called lucky by some and unlucky by others.

I remember posts from few months ago mentioning how Hamilton was lucky not to be disqualified.

Now Hamilton comes off as exemplary by most and "deserves" to win it. Confusing stuff.

Who is the bad boy again?

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
So a point Horner didn't perhaps get over strongly enough is that Max locked up on that original turn where pushed self and Lewis off (the 5 sec penalty) for which he was told to give position back, indicating you could argue he couldn't do much about the Brazil 2.0 style incident

I don't know why he did such a hard brake immediately after that caused a shunt and 10 sec pen.
Other than being kind of a shrewd dick and trying to force Hamilton in front to DRS him after.
Some claim it's the definition of punishing tailgating and I can actually see Lewis mostly being the one bringing DRS in interviews (indicating he's been aware of why Max wants to be overtaken in that spot but Lewis wasn't gonna let him).
But boy did he really force the issue

Home of Barca Fans