F1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gotta admit Verstappen had some of the worst luck this season too. Incredible how he could still win the championship.

Tyres bursting in Baku, that crash at Silverstone, the lock-up here.

DonAK

After quali I think it's mostly that one corner.

The Monaco-like chicane looks a pain but that wall is dodgy, should be way wider

That's where most of the problems seem to be, but in a race it could get bad if multiple cars are involved.

fergus90

I prefer Hamilton to Verstappen (probably obvious as i'm English) but Verstappen has been unlucky at times this year. It quite often comes down to luck and fine margins as in any sport and these fine margins have favoured Lewis.

DonAK

Verstappen will likely have more chances anyway so don't think he should be too worried even though it would probably suck and hurt a lot to lose out like this. This might be Hamilton's last title as I don't think Russell will play the second fiddle role like Bottas.

Depends on who nails down the regulation changes anyway.

El Gato

Villarato!
Russell has a lot to prove before even gets considered really. Right now a bit of a young meme boy that will need to adjust to being front of the grid

Aren't the new technical regulations coming in next season too? Pretty sure they've pushed them back a year for Covid

Next season shaping up nicely + more usual tracks coming back on calendar

DonAK

Russell has a lot to prove before even gets considered really. Right now a bit of a young meme boy that will need to adjust to being front of the grid

Aren't the new technical regulations coming in next season too? Pretty sure they've pushed them back a year for Covid

Next season shaping up nicely + more usual tracks coming back on calendar

True, however he looked rapid when he stepped in for Hamilton last year and was elite in Formula 2. He's a huge talent and I don't think he's the type to let the pressure get to him.

Yeah next season with a new car design.

Windhook

I used to root for Hamilton at McLaren, but seeing him dominate the sport in the last 5 years without any real competition just turned me off from the sport. Nico Rosberg should have stayed and kept on the rivalry with Louis, instead he just walked away like a boss.

Frankly I don't consider Louis Hamilton GOAT driver because of all this, no matter he wins another 10 championships. Mercedes are just a level above everyone with their power unit in the hybrid era.

Aerton Senna, Nigel Mansell and Mika Hakkinen are still my favorite drivers because they achieved spectacular things in a much more competitive and balanced era. Of course cannot miss mentioning the great Michael Schumacher, whom I wasn't a fan of, but respect to this day for his winner spirit.

Last edited:

Laplacian

That's all retroactive revisionism though. The 2017-2019 there was definitely competition with Ferrari and Red Bull, especially the former. For large parts of the season in all 3 years Ferrari easily rivaled Mercedes. Think back in 2018, especially in tracks like Singapore where Ferrari and Red Bull had clear advantages over Mercedes. All throughout the race weekend Mercedes had a clear race pace disadvantage against their rivals, then all of a sudden in Q3 Hamilton comes out of nowhere with a legendary lap to get P1.

I'm not even going to mention the fact that in his debut season, he went toe to toe with WC Champion Alonso and managed to tie with him in points despite experiencing bad luck throughout the season. Also winning in his second season.

It's quite clear that it's more than just the car.

Home of Barca Fans