Euro 2020 (2021)

FinBarcelonafan

imo should be top 2 of each group. That way every game is more intense and worth more. shouldn't be able to earn 3 points from 3 draws and advance to the next round. Similarly lose 2 games but win 1 and still go through. Where's the win in winning if that's how it's done?

100% but that's just to make more money from this competition. Yet they cry about Super League. Hypocrites.

2 teams from a group would be much better and interesting.

Messi983

I'd even go a step further. Just group winners and two 2nd best teams qualify directly for the quarter-finals. I probably won't even start watching games seriously before QF anyway.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I think it will be a repeat of the 2016 final again.

Belgium's defence is now old and really with only KdB at the height of his powers in this squad I can see them going home in the R16. England will flatter to deceive and really with that moron Southgate picking inadequate players in the starting XI i.e. Trippier, Sterling and possibly leaving TAA and Grealish at home, well that alone should be a sackable offence. His front 3 will be Sterling, Kane, Rashford when in reality it should be Grealish or Foden (the other playing in midfield), Kane and Sancho. Sterling and Rashford should just keep the bench warm.

Then looking at Germany and Spain their squads. Both will be hard to beat but are much more beatable than in previous years. Although if Low played the right team Germany stands a chance with Gnabry and Sane on the wings, but he won't do that. Spain do intrigue me as they have players to cause damage but I think the lack of a world class striker will be their let down. But man a midfield of Rodri as the 6, Thiago pulling the strings and with Koke or Fabian Ruiz is very, very tasty. Laporte is a welcome addition for them too.

Who else is there? Holland, Croatia and Italy are capable of beating a few of these teams but I think Croatia like Belgium are looking like most of their players are past their best whilst Holland missing VVD won't be as comfortable at the back nor do they have the depth I feel to go all the way yet. Same with Italy who I see as a team with some good experienced players and some good youngsters. It's in their DNA to be hard to beat but I feel it's 18 months-2years too soon for Italy.

Which is why I think it will again come down to Portugal and France. Portugal's midfield and attacking depth is crazy good. Bruno, Bernardo, Neves, Moutinho and Cronaldo, Jota, Neto, Andre Silva, Joao Felix. Incredible. France's squad speaks for itself their depth at centre back is just amazing when you consider those who miss out on the squad like Upamecano and Konate who are both top class CBs. Stacked in midfield and now with Karim as the No.9 with Mbappe they are the team to beat.

I predict a quarter finals of Belgium vs Italy, France vs Croatia, Spain vs Portugal & Germany vs Denmark. Then a semis of Italy vs France & Germany vs Portugal with a France vs Portugal final. Probably this time with France winning it. I have England losing to Portugal in Round of 16 :lol:

Try out the simulator - UEFA EURO 2020 – Tournament Predictor – UEFA.com

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think it will be a repeat of the 2016 final again.

Belgium's defence is now old and really with only KdB at the height of his powers in this squad I can see them going home in the R16. England will flatter to deceive and really with that moron Southgate picking inadequate players in the starting XI i.e. Trippier, Sterling and possibly leaving TAA and Grealish at home, well that alone should be a sackable offence.

Tripper is a top-3 player for most likely title-winning Atletico, hardly a bad choice.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
No it's because TAA, Walker and James are superior RBs in every single way. Even AWB.

So when Trippier does get selected which he will it will be hilarious.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No it's because TAA, Walker and James are superior RBs in every single way. Even AWB.

Not true. Trippier is easily creatively better than Walker and James. TAA might be better attack-wise but he is a bum in defense. And AWB's attacking output is laughable.

Jenks

Trippier is probably the best RWB of them all. He's very mature and experienced and has a great delivery. I would be very surprised if someone like TAA, who can't defend, got into the squad ahead of Trippier.

Home of Barca Fans